ATT FTTP 100/100 from Sonic?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by JDL » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:53 am
AT&T offers FFTP with symmetric 100/100Mbps at my house for the same price I am paying Sonic for 50/6Mbps (maybe even less as I end up paying $88/mo for my "$50/mo" Sonic service). I really like Sonic, but it is very difficult to justify staying with this service level given the other options available.

Can Sonic resell this service? Even if it costs me a little more, I would prefer to use Sonic.
by dane » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 am
We are in discussions to obtain this, and/or the 75Mbps product, but haven't gotten to a completed agreement yet. We're continuing to push!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by JDL » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 am
Dane,

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for working on this. The 75Mbps product would be an improvement, but as you know it is not a symmetrical link (unless you are talking about a different 75Mbps product). I may be in the minority, but upstream bandwidth is very important to me so I would prefer a symmetric link.

I appreciate you all continuing to work various angles to offer more services, it's good to hear these negotiations are happening.
by psychicb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm
Since I really miss the 150mbps I had with Comcast, I’m glad to hear that you’re pushing to make sure those of us that can only get your service via ATT can get faster speeds. :-)

Dane, please keep us updated as much as possible on that front, as while I’d prefer to have your gigabit service in San Jose, I could live with 75-100mbps speeds while you work on expanding your gigabit service as long as it means I don’t have to deal with the greedy people at Comcast or Att again. ;-)
You can trust me, I'm The Doctor's companion's spouse's friend's sister's dealer of all the alien technology that we find left behind - BTW, bow ties are COOL :ugeek:
by daniel.shurman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 pm
Hello Dane,

I would like to join those who are cheering you on, as you move to get similar speeds of service that AT&T is offering at similar prices.

It would be so good to be able to rely on your company's promises on service and privacy as rated by EFF --- AND to have good speeds and competitive pricing, soon. Wouldn't that be great?

1) Do you have any guidance to offer on how long getting a better Sonic solution than 50Mbs / second down in Mountain View 94040 and 94041. We have Fiber here. 2 months - 6 months?

2) Do you have any idea when we might be able to "bring our own modem" to your FTTN offers?

3) Is it currently possible to have the AT&T provided gateway / modem installed with all Gateway services OFF - WiFi OFF, Firewall OFF, NAT off etc?

I see that there are several threads on the AT&T Community Forum on how many users have worked to get reliable stable internet connection on AT&T- with AT&T's supplied modems, The threads and settings are found by searching on "passthrough mode" or "bridge mode" on the AT&T Community Forum.

History: The reason I ask, is that I have had AT&T Uverse service at this address two years ago and it was intermittent in real world testing, as documented by months of running Network Logger.

And AT&T was not able to successfully get either of their mandated modems to work properly.

After a year of "best efforts" I dropped AT&T Uverse, though line quality test here had excellent signal to noise.

When I went to Comcast, (which has it's own service and support issues) at least I got twice the speed for about half the price from Comcast / Xfinity per DSLReports Speed Testing history. I have 70 Mbps down and 6 Mbs back and excellent line quality, quick pings and A or B Bufferbloat scores.

On the other hand, I would love have Sonic service quality, and privacy policies and competitive speeds and prices!!

Please reassure me / us.

1, 2, 3 above would go a long way.

Sincerely

Daniel Shurman
by JDL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 pm
Dane, checking back in on this after a month. Any movement on the 100/100 or 75mbps products?
by JDL » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:53 pm
Checking in after another month. Dane, can you provide an update?
by JDL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:34 pm
Bump, still waiting for an update on this.
by JDL » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm
Bump again. Any new information for the new year?
by parker_day » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:48 pm
12 posts Page 1 of 2