ATT FTTP 100/100 from Sonic?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 2 of 2
by adamwongbrooks » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 pm
I think the AT&T technician offered this to me yesterday when he installed Sonic FTTN X2 at my apartment in East Oakland. I asked him if it could still be through Sonic, and he sounded pretty sure that it could.

What confused me about the whole thing, was that this was a do-over after AT&T came to my apartment two weeks ago and failed the install. Sonic kept telling me that it failed because the outside technician found something wrong with the wiring, and would need landlord access and permission to drill holes. When the AT&T guy showed up yesterday, he said that fiber had been requested and attempted, and that's where the failure was. I never requested fiber, as it didn't come up as available at my address. He said that if I want to upgrade I can request it.

Dane, you might remember a tweet from me about install re-scheduling woes last week. Can you confirm what service the AT&T tech might have been talking about? Was he just trying to sell me direct AT&T service?
by mquiazon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 am
JDL wrote:Bump again. Any new information for the new year?
Progress! Dane says they're in negotiations with AT&T to lease fiber and possibly add a 75 Mbps tier for FTTN customers.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5927#p37132
12 posts Page 2 of 2