Fiber for 94112?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 1 of 3
by eric022 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:01 pm
hello dane,

are there any plans to extend fiber connection to the excelsior district? specifically 94112 area?

been noticing some major slowdown of speeds the past few weeks and anxiously waiting!
by miken » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 am
eric022 wrote:been noticing some major slowdown of speeds the past few weeks and anxiously waiting!
Have you given Support a call? We'd be happy to look into your line and figure out why you're experiencing a slowdown.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 am
eric022 wrote:hello dane,
are there any plans to extend fiber connection to the excelsior district? specifically 94112 area?
We've got lots of expansion in the works, but we don't announce specifics until we're pretty far into the engineering and construction of the networks. This is both for competitive reasons, but also because conditions in the field can influence which streets we can get down, so we'd like to avoid over-promising and then retracting whenever possible.
been noticing some major slowdown of speeds the past few weeks and anxiously waiting!
Do contact support on that!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by eric022 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm
thanks dane.

i called support and they mentioned i only have 1 of the 2 required lines for fusion service (which i'm currently paying for). electrician is quoting me $500 for the 'home run installation' but wanted to check with you first to see if fiber is coming to my neighborhood so i can avoid this extra charge.
by Tcr_nz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm
Also in 94112 and Sonic has been very slow this past week
by joeyyung911 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 pm
Bump!! Anyone checked their availability again? Fiber is coming!!!

https://www.sonic.com/availability

https://imgur.com/a/SOGTS
by rforrest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm
Just recently there was an update that showed many in Glen Park/Mission Terrace getting Fiber by October 2018. That's amazing, wonderful news, as we have been experiencing horrible (< 1.0 Mbs) DSL speeds recently as well.

From what I can piece together, it looks like folks (pending the caveats mentioned in this forum) in Mission Terrace South of 280, North of Ocean and West of Mission will be getting Fiber by October 2018. As for East of Mission, it's an open question. I know many folks in Glen Park North of 280 who have it.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it might take to install once it's available? That is, can existing customer upgrades start only once it's 'available' according to the website, or do they start before that date and have the neighborhood finished by that date?

Any hint would be appreciated, either by Sonic or by folks that have had fiber installed.
by miken » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 pm
rforrest wrote:Does anyone have an idea of how long it might take to install once it's available? That is, can existing customer upgrades start only once it's 'available' according to the website, or do they start before that date and have the neighborhood finished by that date?
The go live by date is when we estimate construction to be completed and for us to begin installations. Once we are ready to install, things proceed fairly quickly - depending on workload we can usually complete an installation within a few days (sometimes even same day!) Multi-dwelling units may take a little longer as we need to work with the landlord as we progress through the installation.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by jaeS2k » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 pm
I am excited that 94112 area is finally getting fiber and it looks like my neighborhood is scheduled for Oct, 18. I just checked my address in the service availability and I am not seeing the fiber option. I am on the 1300 block of my street and it seems none of the houses on the 1300 block have fiber option. But interestingly enough, the 1200 block and the 1400 block of my street has the fiber option. Can someone chime in? Long time Sonic customer on a bonded DSL.

Steve
by joeyyung911 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am
Anybody in Excelsior get it yet?
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
22 posts Page 1 of 3