Fiber gap between Mission and Noe Valley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
37 posts Page 2 of 4
by dane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:05 pm
steelgaze wrote:While Quane street has the poles, there no good way to get the fiber to the poles on Quane. Both ends, 22nd and 24th do not have overhead cables. The only way to get fiber to Quane is undergrounding fiber then coming back up at the poles.
Sorry I didn’t get to this over the weekend. Initially we had missed these alley poles and I have sent them to engineering to see if we can attach. Quane between 22nd and 23rd can be fed aerially from 22nd. I just don’t know if the poles fail or are impacted in any way yet. If all works out with the engineering, we’ll move forward with adding this block to the network.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by avinson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:45 am
Thanks for taking an interest in improving our pitiful 50Mbps lives -- it's really refreshing from a customer service/humanist perspective that you actually read and respond to people on the forums.

I also live on that block of Dolores between 22nd and 23rd. I confirmed that there are telco-type cables currently being fed aerially from 23rd Street to Quane but it's definitely not possible to do from 22nd as there are no poles on that block of 22nd. Hopefully that helps!
by jason13 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:21 pm
I'm another on this block of Dolores - thanks from me as well, Dane.

I've been jealously glaring at the shiny new lines on 23rd for a few months, hoping that one morning soon I'll be blocked into my Quane facing garage by a Sonic truck.

It's hard to tell from the hairball of wires at 23rd and Quane, but it looks like there's already a new run going up the other way towards 24th? Anyone on that block of Dolores (or Fair Oaks) seen Fiber service?
by jason13 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 am
Dane, any word back from engineering on this?

Don't tease me - I'm still vulnerable from the frisbee incident.
dane wrote:If all works out with the engineering, we’ll move forward with adding this block to the network.
by filmyer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:00 pm
OMG! - the service is within a block of my building at 18th & Church. Does that mean that we are next on the schedule?
by pockyken007 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm
filmyer wrote:OMG! - the service is within a block of my building at 18th & Church. Does that mean that we are next on the schedule?

I would check on sonic website first and second are you serviced by overhead utilities or are they underground ?
by yolk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 pm
https://imgur.com/aFAjixq

according to the above pic, the two poles outside of my place are 7690 and 7691 and they are marked with a red X. what the odds that the poles will change whatever condition that makes them unusable into usable?
by Loic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:32 pm
Hi Dane, could you explain what is going on on 22nd st between Noe and Castro. I looked at the roll out map posted on this thread and for some reason many blocks around seems to be getting fiber but that block does not.

Thanks, I cannot wait to switch to Sonic fiber.

Loic
by filmyer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:37 pm
Any update on the progress of Giga-fiber service on 18th St, west of Dolores? :?:
by joelburton » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am
Original poster back here.

Over the past few weeks, the utility company has done a lot of work on the above-ground lines on Chattanooga Street (adding big boxes to the lines and replacing some things). Might this provide the additional capacity that might have been the original problem using them?

J.
37 posts Page 2 of 4