Help! with Extending Wireless on Gigabit install

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by menasche » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:21 pm
Kevin,

Interesting setup... I am going to research plume... but why still use the Sonic router?
by kyle.depasquale » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 pm
I use plume as well currently, and really like them. I'm not yet on gigabit (will be in about a month), so I'm not sure what kind of maximum throughput it has, but it's been amazing in my home with my Fusion X2 setup.
by rtrinh » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 pm
Throughput for Plume is around ~270Mbps using their built in app speedtest.
by menasche » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:42 pm
I'm getting 670 with velop
by Guest » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 am
If you want reliable WiFi consider using multiple wired UniFi APs of the same model depending on your budget. I have two of the AC-LR models for my 2000SF home and they're rock solid providing excellent coverage. pfSense takes care of my routing, DHCP, etc. while a UniFi 8 port switch powers the UniFi APs via Cat 6a cabling. Much better solution than WiFi extenders, etc.
by Kevin_Stephens » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 pm
Kevin,

Interesting setup... I am going to research plume... but why still use the Sonic router?

Kevin-Have not figured out how not to use the Sonic Router this would take time and I don't want to take down my network for an long time.
16 posts Page 2 of 2