Fun with Juniper SSG-20 for ADSL CPE on Fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rnovak » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm
Hi all,

Back when I first signed on with Fusion, I tried to get my Juniper SSG-20 with ADSL2+ Mini-PIM to work as my CPE (discussion from DSLReports). I never got it working with two line service at home, but when I got single line service at my new business, I tried it again and it's working nicely. So it's possible that either the firmware or the card doesn't handle bonding... but that's okay.

Now I'm pondering how to set it up to work with multiple IP addresses (either DHCP or static). Right now the adsl1/0 interface (I think that's its name) has dhcp client enabled and gets an ip address, and NATs for my inside network (including a wifi AP and a linux server).

Anyone have thoughts or applicable experience on this? I'm wanting to plan for 4 static IPs and have enough physical interfaces for one per IP...

I can probably test options with my SSG5 but figured I'd put the idea out there anyway in case anyone else had tried this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
by dane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm
I can't provide any specific advice on this device, but one tip: if you host multiple IPs on a single MAC, there's a workaround that is required. I don't have a link at hand, anyone else have info on this?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rnovak » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 pm
dane wrote:I can't provide any specific advice on this device, but one tip: if you host multiple IPs on a single MAC, there's a workaround that is required. I don't have a link at hand, anyone else have info on this?
Yeah, I've read that bit with forcing an arp request up to the DSLAM because of security settings. There are a couple of dslr threads and I think one or two here about it too. :)

I'm thinking if I do run dhcp client on the ethernet interfaces, your end may see the eth mac instead of the adsl mac... but I guess there's one way to find out for sure. :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1