Fiber in Mission/Noe Valley SF

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
by dane » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 am
200_duncan wrote:@dane Any updates on the 200 block of Duncan St.? Wave and Comcast just aren't cutting it... Thanks!
Our engineering data says that all of the utility poles on that block are currently overloaded, so we are not permitted to build there. Sorry! Hopefully PG&E will reinforce or replace those poles soon!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dolores_subscriber » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 am
Any updates on the microtrenching ordinance for a buildout on Dolores?
by dane » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 am
dolores_subscriber wrote:Any updates on the microtrenching ordinance for a buildout on Dolores?
No, SF still has not got a workable microtrenching plan, thought they say that they are negotiating with department of public works on amendments in hopes of making this viable.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by So_SAD_NEED_SONIC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 am
dane wrote:
200_duncan wrote:@dane Any updates on the 200 block of Duncan St.? Wave and Comcast just aren't cutting it... Thanks!
Our engineering data says that all of the utility poles on that block are currently overloaded, so we are not permitted to build there. Sorry! Hopefully PG&E will reinforce or replace those poles soon!
Is there anything I can do on my end to speed this up? Contact PGE? My Rep? Please help!
by jessssse » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm
Just got signed up for Sonic this week. It's great so far! We're wondering if Fiber is being rolled out to Cypress St. (between 24th and 26th). I'm aware there might be Fiber already there, but it's in use by AT&T, and most likely not for Internet Service?
by steelgaze » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 am
So_SAD_NEED_SONIC wrote:Is there anything I can do on my end to speed this up? Contact PGE? My Rep? Please help!
I've been thinking about this issue a lot of people bring up about overloaded poles. They take a very long time to replace 'naturally' so I think the quickest way is if you get into a vehicle, and ram the thing hard enough to knock it over. This will ultimately force the owner of the pole to probably replace it within 48 hours, if not sooner.

If course, you will have to assume all the legal responsibility of the act.
by So_SAD_NEED_SONIC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 pm
steelgaze wrote:
So_SAD_NEED_SONIC wrote:Is there anything I can do on my end to speed this up? Contact PGE? My Rep? Please help!
I've been thinking about this issue a lot of people bring up about overloaded poles. They take a very long time to replace 'naturally' so I think the quickest way is if you get into a vehicle, and ram the thing hard enough to knock it over. This will ultimately force the owner of the pole to probably replace it within 48 hours, if not sooner.

If course, you will have to assume all the legal responsibility of the act.
Trust me, I've considered it. There has to be a way to apply some pressure somewhere though... anyone know anyone at PGE?
by #overloadedpoles » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am
Elsewhere in another thread, Dane mentions that they are working with PG&E ...
to try to facilitate pole reinforcements and repairs in order to fill the gaps in our network.
I wonder what that process is ... and whether Sonic has had success getting any poles reinforced anywhere in SF yet.
by So_SAD_NEED_SONIC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:13 pm
@dane is there anything we can do to help get pge on the move? I'm willing to do anything legal... Wave just contacted me for $10 more per month for 1gbps down and... 10mbit/s up... WTF?!
19 posts Page 2 of 2