So long and thanks for all the fish

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by formally jthon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm
steelgaze wrote:It sounds like from most wording to me about Sonic, any sort of 'deal' you can get, including the 30 day money back offer is subject to NEW customers only. If you have existing one and change your service, your first '30 day money back' period has long past.
That was my fear but miken in this thread and several phone reps insisted otherwise. Also the ETF agreement says 30 days after service activation so it either kicks in 30 days after the upgrade or that upgrade better not be an activation and I should be well out of contract as a long term customer.

I'm just a very disappointed that this ETF even showed up and it makes me regret even giving Sonic a chance. I did want to give Dane and company a fair shake.

I'll admit that I'm actually MORE upset about this failure from Sonic since they purport to have a better customer experience. If they were Comcast I would have expected several billing issues to argue/fight over.
by danielg4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm
jthon, you need to dispute the ETF with the card issuer BEFORE you reach out to anyone at Sonic again. I know that sounds extreme, but it's a bureaucratic necessity that actually smooths the whole process along and may also benefit Sonic in the long run (or not).
by formerly jthon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm
So far it's not looking good for Sonic. I see the ETF charge still pending but nothing on the refund front.

If the ETF ends up posting and I don't see a refund I'll end up disputing the charge and maybe filing a CPUC complaint, but there's still time for the refund to show up as pending.

Just disputing the charge would still leave me short ~$27 I'm owed due to prorated service charges. Frankly I don't want it to come to that.
by miken » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am
formerly jthon wrote:So far it's not looking good for Sonic. I see the ETF charge still pending but nothing on the refund front.

If the ETF ends up posting and I don't see a refund I'll end up disputing the charge and maybe filing a CPUC complaint, but there's still time for the refund to show up as pending.

Just disputing the charge would still leave me short ~$27 I'm owed due to prorated service charges. Frankly I don't want it to come to that.
Unfortunately, by the time we knew about the ETF being charged, it was too late to stop the charge from our end. We issued a return to your card yesterday though, which should show up in 2-3 days depending on your financial institution. I apologize for all the trouble and am reviewing the situation to find what exactly went wrong so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by formerly - jthon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:26 pm
Just an update that everything did work out and I did receive a refund. It just took a couple days for everything to post and clear.

Thanks for the years of service, and I look forward to Sonic rolling out Fiber in the South Bay at some point in the future.
15 posts Page 2 of 2