Lessons learnt while signing up for Sonic service

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by ufbernie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:11 pm
I agree with the original post. I was without service for a week and a half because of waiting 5 days for ATT and then the next available Sonic service agent wouldn't be available for another week. Also the tech wouldn't even connect my DirecTV or router when he was here. BTW, the DirecTV tech set everything up when he was here. Sonic is NOT good at all for getting your connection set up quickly. So just be ready to wait a week if you decide to swithc. They don't realize how frustrating it is to be without service for so long. Word to Sonic, please work on your first time service speed if you actually want to sustain growth. This is the biggest fault of the company. Once you wait through the BS to actually get it installed, the speed and reliability is pretty good. However I did have to call back for the to adjust my speed setting so it could stream videos better, but that took about 5 minutes.
by virtualmike » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:01 am
ufbernie wrote:I was without service for a week and a half because of waiting 5 days for ATT and then the next available Sonic service agent wouldn't be available for another week.
Why did you disconnect your old service before the new service was running?

Regardless of the new provider, this is not a good action.

If you need your car on a daily basis, would you sell your old car based on a promise from a dealer that the new car would be available on a specific date?
by agb007@sonic.net » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 pm
I've been with sonic.net for less then 2 years and already recommend them to few of my friends, whio did switched to their services.
The tech support is excellent. You talk to a person who is really a tech, not a clerk going along a script. You send email, you've got an answer, real answer in less then 10 minutes. The only problems I encountered were with the international billing, but after a while and some patience from my side they did get resolved.

Alex.
by mark069 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am
I've been a customer of Sonic for about 6 months switching over from AT&T DSL.

Installation
I did not disconnect my AT&T DSL service because I was concerned that the Sonic service would take longer to become active than it did. My one suggestion is to e-mail the customer when the line is active since the estimated activation times are frequently exceeded by days or even a week or two. I ended up paying for AT&T service for an extra two weeks after the Sonic service was finally activated because at the time I could not determine where my DSL was coming from without calling Sonic to ask them if it is activated yet. Aside from the delay, the switch from AT&T was seamless and my existing DSL modem I was using with AT&T worked flawlessly with Sonic.

Performance and Customer Service
Overall, the performance has been very good with only a few instances of really poor performance. In most cases the performance issues were temporary and cleared up by themselves. On one occasion it lasted more than 24 hours prompting me to call customer service who already knew about the problem from other customers. I liked how the customer service team asked for my help in diagnosing the problem (asking me to ping the certain web sites and e-mail screem shots of the results) rather than just assuming they could fix it without this information.
14 posts Page 2 of 2