Any recommended modems instead of the Pace 5268ac

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
20 posts Page 2 of 2
by waxriot » Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm
Looks good, giving it a try, thanks!
by waxriot » Sun May 27, 2018 6:50 pm
It turns out the reflash is dependent on running your binary? through cfeditor.pipeline.sh, the ownership or physical location of which I can't track down, and which has only existed since January - and people seem fine with this. How can this be?
by waxriot » Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am
Here's an install from OSX that doesn't have cfeditor use, haven't tried it:

http://www.desinerd.co.in/how-to-conver ... n-mac-osx/
by ngufra » Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am
waxriot wrote:It turns out the reflash is dependent on running your binary? through cfeditor.pipeline.sh, the ownership or physical location of which I can't track down, and which has only existed since January - and people seem fine with this. How can this be?
the cfe editor you mention is a javascript page, fully inspectable.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost. ... count=4186

I got a tmo- ac1900 saturday (amazon shipped same day) and played with it over the weekend.
Was not too sure about the difference between U and R variants and which one to use for ac1900 but i was able to reflash with old firmware, enable ssl, flash with newer firmware. I did not have time but the next step is to flash with merlin which i have had good experience with on a rt-n66.
by waxriot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:53 am
Thanks, I should have looked at the page code. :-)

Did you go with U or R? How did you decide?
by ngufra » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:08 am
waxriot wrote: Did you go with U or R? How did you decide?
I think I used a coin.
by waxriot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:15 am
Did it come up U, or R? :-)
by digitalbitstream » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:38 pm
dane wrote:For best performance, full support and to avoid any truck-roll costs for maintenance and repair, just use the Sonic-provided equipment. It's $9.50/mo, which is reasonable when you consider that a WiFi AC router can cost $150, and a single technician visit can easily reach $100 or more.
That price is ursury. It's a huge profit center for you Dane, and you've stated yourself it funds the fiber expansion.
Call what you will, but "reasonable" is not the right concept.
by ngufra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm
According to https://slickdeals.net/f/11542971-asus- ... e-shipping it can TM-1900 can be flashed to RT-AC68U

digitalbitstream: Sonic charges for usage of their router. You do not have to use it if you don't want it.
Some people will prefer to pay and be assured that they don't have to do anything, it will just work.
Other will prefer to provide their own equipment and deal with configuration themselves.
At least you have the choice.
by waxriot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:05 pm
They don't even fully support their own router. I've been procrastinating on flashing the other, so still have theirs, and they won't talk about an error msg in the mac filtering page, "Error," saying to ask the forum.

I used to think they had good support, now it seems totally hit or miss.
20 posts Page 2 of 2