Landlord doesn't want to allow Sonic gigabit Internet. How can I convince them?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by pockyken007 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:56 am
And some pictures from my install ( now mind you your install might look totally different than mine and this is just for information purposes )

In my case SONIC installer used old comcast cable and piggybacked off it , then used the old comcast entry point into the house ( the round hole in the outside wall ) and ran the cable through there , ONT was installed in a central location between the TV / Computer desk so that I had an easy access in terms of wiring to both devices ( Smart TV / Tower PC ) .

Attachments

by pockyken007 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:57 am
and one more

Attachments

by SonicCali » Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm
@Dane,

Just spoke to your Sales line and they informed me that my building management has an "ordinance" that is blocking Sonic's ability to offer service in our building. Is this even legal? Location: 16th/Clement, SF. This matter has been going on for over 2 years!
by dane » Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm
SonicCali wrote:@Dane,

Just spoke to your Sales line and they informed me that my building management has an "ordinance" that is blocking Sonic's ability to offer service in our building. Is this even legal? Location: 16th/Clement, SF. This matter has been going on for over 2 years!
Hmm, maybe there is some confusion. It's the opposite: there is an ordinance in San Francisco that gives tenants the right to choose their own internet provider, and the building owner cannot simply block that. We've found that with this ordinance in place, most building owners are working positively with us on deployment.

I'll check in with our MDU team, because given that intersection and your description, they probably know all of the specifics. The ordinance - as well as tenant rights to choose the telephone carrier they'd like - both give you rights, but those have to be enforced - and we'd much prefer to collaborate with building owners to address their concerns, than engaged in a legal process to gain access.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by frk » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:21 pm
fiber just came on this week (7/21) on scott between jackson and washington!!! i immediately ordered as did my neighbor in this 10 unit building.

your coordinator Jesse Irvin contacted Brick & Timber, the mgmt company and got a hard "no."

i suspect this was punitive as our tenant group is involved in an effort to stop ADU in this building.

i do not expect a reasoned argument will get us very far. Brick & Timber has sonic fiber in other buildings in SF so they know the drill.

how has your process done with truculent landlords previously? should we contact Rent Board or PUC on our own?
15 posts Page 2 of 2