Sunset underground waiting patiently for gigabit

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by gigabit_wish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 pm
We who face Sunset, north of Taraval, with underground wiring are waiting patiently for gigabit. Any update as to when we might have our dreams fulfilled? We've watched painfully while gigabit sprouts all around us and hope that it may become available soon. Since we have no homes facing us, the underground pipes are very empty. We hope you can send us some word as to when we might see gigabit?
by pockyken007 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:40 pm
The fiber will be available to you when San Francisco politicians pull their heads out of their asses and pass the microtrenching ordinance / bill .
by Kauschen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 pm
I'm north of Taraval and have the gigabit and it's running just fine at 33rd and Quintara
by gigabit_wish » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 pm
I believe our problem is that the BBox is located on the south side Taraval and Sunset and all the telephone cabling runs underground under Sunset to reach our blocks of 37th from taraval to rivera. Well I guess ATT won't let Sonic use their cable trench. There's no way to string the cabling overhead because of the L Taraval train power lines. So - we lose :(.
by dane » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:31 pm
I think there is a potential route to get there, via Santiago if memory serves.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1