FTTH Router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Dave » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 pm
What router is Sonic providing for its FTTH service in Sebastopol?
by Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm
Dave wrote:What router is Sonic providing for its FTTH service in Sebastopol?
I would like to know too.

Are we able to buy or lease the modem/router?

Could one buy a modem/router from newegg and use that instead?

What kind of specs does the modem/router need to have inorder to handle 1Gbit?
by dane » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm
Currently we provide an Adtran GPON CPE with a single Gigabit port. Customers can connect this to their own router. For Gigabit, check your router's specifications.

Over time we expect this to evolve, and it's likely we will supply a Gigabit residential gateway which includes Wi-Fi, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and voice ports.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kevingtan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 am
Guest wrote:What kind of specs does the modem/router need to have inorder to handle 1Gbit?
i believe that a major factor would be the WAN to LAN throughput on the router, if you're going to be using a router. there are tons of routers out there that labels themselves as gigabit routers, but thats just usually between the LAN ports. definitely another thing to look into also regarding purchasing a router that can saturate most of the speed.
by polpo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:58 pm
Check out the WAN-LAN performance charts at smallnetbuilder.com:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/r ... harts/view
by Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 pm
Can you bring FTTH to Palo Alto?? We were promised it years ago (not by sonic) and if I recall correctly our neighborhood is already wired for it. I'm dying to leave Comcast for Sonic but don't want to lose any bandwidth I have.
6 posts Page 1 of 1