6rd With bonded connection

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by markbirenbaum » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:52 pm
Is 6rd still impossible with a bonded connnection?

I coulda sworn I used to have it working (when doing the 6rd connection from my asus AC68U router), but I noticed connection problems in Edge, and realized I was no longer getting IPV6 connections.

I then discovered my ipv6 connection was disabled in the IPV6 tool, and re-enabled it. However, I'm still not getting IPV6 connections.

Using IPv6 is still more for geek-fun than need but I would like to get it running again.
by danielg4 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:14 pm
I don't have a bonded connection, but there is no way that doing the 6rd connection from an Asus could work when you use the IPv6 tool to enable 6rd inside your Sonic-provided router. Either turn it off or get the prefix delegation directly from it.
by markbirenbaum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 am
Why do you sat that? http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r289981 ... -rolls-out
And I definitely had it working before, I'm just not 100% positive I was using it in a bonded configuration.

I honestly don't seen any reason why it shouldn't work, even with bonding, it's just a tunnel over IPV4, and since the Pace modem is provides that "transparently". I would think it wouldn't matter. I was guessing the bonding limitiation was when you were using the pace modem for the 6rd connection as well, but i don't know for sure.
by markbirenbaum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:03 am
Resolution found (dummy user error of course). I'd plugged my Asus router into a non lan port on the modem.
by danielg4 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 am
danielg4 wrote:I don't have a bonded connection, but there is no way that doing the 6rd connection from an Asus could work when you use the IPv6 tool to enable 6rd inside your Sonic-provided router. Either turn it off or get the prefix delegation directly from it.
If you enable IPv6 in the tool, the modem creates the 6rd tunnel. I was saying that you cannot have a second device (e.g. Asus) create a second 6rd tunnel in parallel to it. Perhaps they changed that.
5 posts Page 1 of 1