Symmetrical Gigabit Fiber is now live!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
26 posts Page 3 of 3
by dane » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 am
The Sonic router we supply will deliver full symmetric gigabit speed.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by curtiswon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 pm
For those that are capped at 100mbps up, uninstall an ethernet driver called 'cfosspeed for faster internet connections'; it comes from motherboard software from manufacturers such as: ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI

Was wondering why my wifi had 300 down/up when ethernet had 900/100. Uninstalling this fixed it for me :)
by adame » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:51 am
curtiswon wrote:For those that are capped at 100mbps up, uninstall an ethernet driver called 'cfosspeed for faster internet connections'; it comes from motherboard software from manufacturers such as: ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI

Was wondering why my wifi had 300 down/up when ethernet had 900/100. Uninstalling this fixed it for me :)
That's a great tip. We'll bring that up in our meeting today for techs to watch for. Thanks!
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by pockyken007 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:54 am
curtiswon wrote:For those that are capped at 100mbps up, uninstall an ethernet driver called 'cfosspeed for faster internet connections'; it comes from motherboard software from manufacturers such as: ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI

weird I have ASUS mobo and this is first time I hear of this program being attached to asus devices ... interesting find .
by rtrinh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm
pockyken007 wrote:

weird I have ASUS mobo and this is first time I hear of this program being attached to asus devices ... interesting find .
Same here with Gigabyte. But I'm one of those who don't even look into these additional bundled software. Just give me SATA/RAID, NIC and chipset drivers.
by curtiswon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:29 pm
Yeah it's if you download their all-in-one driver installation software;

Scroll down to see the manufacture partners http://www.cfos.de/en/oem/oem.htm or in the header:
cFosSpeed is the official Internet Accelerator for
ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock and MSI gaming products
adame wrote:

That's a great tip. We'll bring that up in our meeting today for techs to watch for. Thanks!
thanks for the information, hope it comes handy!
26 posts Page 3 of 3