Fiber on Judah Street? Any updates

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gchinsf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:22 pm
Hello,

Current sonic subscriber living on Judah street. Any updates/news on providing fiber on Judah street?
I know the city would not allow you to micro trench to install the fiber. So jealous seeing my neighbors on the side streets getting fiber. My internet speed in 15mbs download...slower than ATT(my previous ISP). Sonic package saves me about $20.00/month so not that big of deal.

Thank You
by dane » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:11 am
For those served by underground utilities, SF is working toward new legislation that will at least partially address this. But barriers to new construction there still remain substantial and unclear.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Bummed on Judah » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Hey Dane

The issues of underground utilities are well documented so not trying rehash the details. But what can one do as a resident of San Francisco to help Sonic? Call my supervisor? PUC? Deeply frustrating to be surrounded by Fiber on all sides of my block with seemingly no path forward to ever get it on my stretch of Judah street. The 700 block if you care to know.

A satisfied but frustrated Sonic DSL customer

Thanks
John
by steelgaze » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:38 pm
Run to be your local supervisor and push hard on an utility undergrounding policy.
4 posts Page 1 of 1