Gigabit Internet Service Area?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Baron » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm
Where can I find out what areas can get the gigabit internet? Plan to move to California sometime in the future and would like to move to a area thats able to get the gigabit internet. I always like to plan ahead/before hand before I take action.
by thulsa_doom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm
POW!

Right now it's Sebastopol, with the Sunset District in San Francisco on the horizon. Additional plans are shrouded in mystery.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:40 pm
I posted an update today with some details on the current work and expanded coverage area. Here:

http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2012/03/02/se ... er-update/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Baron » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:02 am
dane wrote:I posted an update today with some details on the current work and expanded coverage area. Here:

http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2012/03/02/se ... er-update/

-Dane
Nice. What does the yellow areas mean? Areas that are unsure/undecided?
by dane » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 am
Yellow is the city limit. We have not yet committed to build these portions.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sansorge » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:46 pm
Any news as to where in the Sunset you'll be able to offer gigabit access? I may be moving to the city soon, this is definitely a house-hunting criteria.
by dane » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 pm
The map of the proposed pilot area is in another thread here, search for "sunset" and you'll likely find the discussion. But, the project is still pending approval, FYI.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Aaron » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 am
What are the chances of this service coming to the East Bay Area (Emeryville to be exact)?
8 posts Page 1 of 1