Gigabit Internet TOS?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Baron » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:30 pm
Do you guys have the terms of service for your gigabit internet up yet? I would like to read it.
by thulsa_doom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm
Currently our gigabit fiber customers are operating off the general AUP.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 pm
Baron wrote:Do you guys have the terms of service for your gigabit internet up yet? I would like to read it.
Anything specific you're wondering about?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Baron » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:17 am
dane wrote:
Baron wrote:Do you guys have the terms of service for your gigabit internet up yet? I would like to read it.
Anything specific you're wondering about?
Just wanted to read the TOS.

Is there really no bandwidth cap? I guess its easier for you guys since you are a local company. Unlike the other big companies which provide nation wide/multiple states with service and have bandwidth caps ranging from 100GB-500GB/month. I don't really like have a bandwidth cap as I do alot of video steaming(youtube, hulu, netflix, etc.). Maybe if I'm living alone but I will most likely be living with friends who each have their own computer too.

Do you guys block any ports? Any hidden fees?
by thulsa_doom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am
There aren't "hidden fees," but there are various taxes applied to phone service, some of which technically are fees. The gigabit fiber product includes two voice lines. For Sebastopol those currently add up to $9.47 per line, so there's another $18.94.

As for ports, we block port 25 on all dynamic IP circuits. If somebody pwns your unpatched Windows box and wants to source spam at 1gbps, they'll have to find a middle-man.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:37 pm
Our household just got hit with a web-blocked, mandatory message from Sonic.net that served as a "first strike" notification that we had exceeded a new 150GB monthly data cap on our supposedly "unlimited" broadband account. So much for the vaunted Sonic.net "anti-cap" stance. What a crock.
by rnovak » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm
Guest wrote:Our household just got hit with a web-blocked, mandatory message from Sonic.net that served as a "first strike" notification that we had exceeded a new 150GB monthly data cap on our supposedly "unlimited" broadband account. So much for the vaunted Sonic.net "anti-cap" stance. What a crock.
Are you on the Gigabit service, or are you hijacking a thread?

I've actually never heard of such a thing happening... the alleged cap or notice thereof, not the hijacking of a thread. :)
by dane » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm
He's mixing up Suddenlink with Sonic.net. See here:

http://corp.sonic.net/whatsnew/2011/07/ ... /#comments

I guess he got "Suddenly" capped by them, and got confused about who his provider was.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1