Unofficial map of Fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by cybersol » Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm
ThatDan on hacker news posted a map of Sonic's fiber rollout based on city permit data:
https://thatdan.github.io/sonic_fiber/

The hacker news post is here:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14424753

There is github repo of how he pulled it off as well!

Cheers, cybersol
by meowth » Fri May 26, 2017 4:42 pm
Pleaaaaaase tell me this is accurate!

I heard the announcement and put my address in on the website but it doesn't give me any sort of comment or timeline about fiber. But my address is on one of the blue lines and I want to believe.
by rtrinh » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 pm
Not completely accurate, but hopefully in the case of there's more coverage than what's shown. I have fiber on 36th ave where it's not highlighted blue.
by abhi.kris » Mon May 29, 2017 2:06 pm
Well i'm on south van ness and i don't have fiber yet... so possible that the map is mostly about known planned coverage. not real time i imagine.
by steelgaze » Mon May 29, 2017 11:44 pm
The south Van ness run can easily be just a N/S run to connect all the W/E runs splitting at the southern end of it. I don't see any other reason why S. Van Ness would not be able to take applications other than they are not ready to do it yet.

I put in 1283 S. Van Ness and it says fiber is coming September 2017.
by parker_day » Wed May 31, 2017 9:37 am
Holy cow, it comes within a couple hundred feet of my address, and we have aerial utilities, but I think we're too close to a CO and a quarter of the street has WebPass, so I imagine we're not going to see fiber anytime soon.
by Desmond94114 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:28 am
Seems like Buena Vista neighborhood isn't even in the works yet. :(
by ichristie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:36 am
oh, soooo close :-/
by jay s » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:52 am
take this chart with a grain of salt. Some streets are not "available" fiber, but just where fiber was run through to reach other major streets, particularly around the AT&T building
9 posts Page 1 of 1