Fiber in the (north western corner of) Mission

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Tobias » Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm
Is there a way for me to know if my address will be included in the current Mission buildout, or does that question fall in the "can't comment on where we're expanding" category?

After five years as a Sonic DSL subscriber in SF's Mission district I was extremely delighted to hear that fiber is coming. This weekend I saw the Fiber hang tab ads on 16th St. I'm now worried that Sonic's definition of the Mission does not include my block, 15th St Between Guerrero and Dolores. It's at the edge of the district. The availability check on the Sonic website currently only shows DSL for my address, which has above ground utilities.
by dane » Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 pm
That block is in the redlines in our GIS, so it looks like the team is working on engineering, but hasn't yet released it. So, stand by, and hopefully it'll pass engineering!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Tobias » Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 pm
Fingers crossed :). Thanks for the reply Dane!
by Tobias » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:00 pm
4-5 months have passed, is there any update on fiber availability for 15th St between Ramona and Dolores St in the Mission? As I mentioned there are above ground utilities on this part of 15th St but I believe they are underground on nearby Dolores St. Is that a problem?
by dane » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm
Yes, there are overloaded utility poles that block deployment in that area. We are continuing to work with pole owners to encourage reinforcement or replacement of overloaded utility poles in an effort to reach everyone we can!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1