New install equipment questions on how much the user can control

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by captron248 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 am
Hi All

Looking forward to getting Sonic fusion x2(ATT uverse) internet installed next week and have a few questions on just how much control I'll have over the equipment. Bear with me as I'm not a wizard but not completely clueless.

What will be the default NAT range for my LAN ? As of now I'm using 192.168.0.x and have my router set up for static addresses from 192.168.0.1>>>192.168.0.10 and DHCP from 192.168.0.230 >> 192.168.0.250. Will I have enough control over the router LAN side to keep me from re-addressing my current LAN setup ? Not a lot of static IP devices but enough to be a slight pain.

How much control will I have over the wireless ? Will I be about to turn the 2.4 ghz and the 5.0 ghz radios on and off ? control the SSID ? change the passphrase ? Any problem turning the radios off and using an Ubiquiti WAP I have ?

Also saw something about a VPN to Sonic to bypass ATT. Is this a real thing or am I imaging I saw this ? :D If it does exist does the VPN terminate on the router that is provided for you ?
by danielg4 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:52 pm
The AT&T box on FTTN service belongs to AT&T, so there is no way you can use it as an endpoint for Sonic's VPN. There are numerous threads on what you could use for that. Without the VPN, the AT&T box does allow each of the things you asked about.
by captron248 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:15 pm
Thanks
3 posts Page 1 of 1