Fiber Optic in Bernal Heights

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
58 posts Page 3 of 6
by shrkmstr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 pm
dane wrote:The NE corner of Bernal is covered now.
Hi Dane,

Any insight you can provide as to why the 200-block of Mullen Ave is not covered? I'm assuming there's a good reason there's apparently a single hole in the otherwise fully covered corner of NE Bernal, just very curious to learn it. I would very much love the service myself and know my neighbors would.

Thanks!

Mark
by dane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 am
shrkmstr wrote:
Hi Dane,

Any insight you can provide as to why the 200-block of Mullen Ave is not covered? I'm assuming there's a good reason there's apparently a single hole in the otherwise fully covered corner of NE Bernal, just very curious to learn it. I would very much love the service myself and know my neighbors would.

Thanks!

Mark
...because we missed it during our survey and engineering work. Sorry - we're correcting that, and do plan to cover your street.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by suyashs » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 am
Hi! I was wondering if Precita Ave will be covered... specifically near York St. It's very close to other covered areas and it should be possible to string a line down from Peralta Ave since it doesn't seem like there are aboveground utility lines on Precita itself.
by rustyhodge » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:48 pm
Sadly the 1500 and 1600 block of Treat isn't covered either, even though our utilities are overhead. But the catch is that our utilities come from underground at Precita. Even Wave Broadband (when they were RCN) never finished building out the connections to the overhead on our street :(
by steelgaze » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 am
suyashs wrote:Hi! I was wondering if Precita Ave will be covered... specifically near York St. It's very close to other covered areas and it should be possible to string a line down from Peralta Ave since it doesn't seem like there are aboveground utility lines on Precita itself.
The City is not going to allow overhead utilities on Peralta because they got undergrounded some time ago. That's going backwards in the city's Master Plan. You don't have any other option other than to wait or move.
by bearmirabel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:00 pm
Any plans to include Mirabel Avenue in Bernal heights? We can see many sonic ad billboards from our house, and the streets within a few blocks look to have service.

Thank you!
by bearmirabel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:53 am
Also curious as to whether Sonic plans to use AT&T fiber lines for Sonic service like you have with DSL. I believe AT&T just finished installing fiber lines to Mirabel Ave. Although they haven't turned the service on or started selling it yet.

Are you doing this anywhere else currently in San Francisco ?
by eggfoam » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 am
dane wrote:
shrkmstr wrote:
Hi Dane,

Thanks!

Mark
...because we missed it during our survey and engineering work. Sorry - we're correcting that, and do plan to cover your street.
Dane,

It sounds like the 200 block of Mullen Ave was an accidental omission. What about the 100 block of Rutledge St? It doesn't seem to have fiber available, but blocks directly on either side do (Brewster and the 200 block of Rutledge). Any chance that's in the works?

Thanks!
Andrew
by Bmrosen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 am
Soo... York Street between Precita and Peralta. What's going on over there? Looks like we're surrounded by fiber on all sides, but nothing on the 1500 block of York. Is there something funny about how the utilities are set up there? Some anomaly that's going to keep us from getting fiber any time soon?
by Brian R » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 pm
dane wrote:
shrkmstr wrote:

Might that be true for the 1500 block of York between Peralta and Precita? (Fingers crossed...)
58 posts Page 3 of 6