AT&T running fiber in our neighborhood...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by chucko » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 am
In the last couple of weeks it appears AT&T has been installing new fiber along Duane Ave. in Sunnyvale. Does this mean we're going to be behind an RT and forced to switch to U-verse? I went to their prequal site and discovered our address is eligible for U-verse Internet, not the other services.

I haven't been thrilled with the data rates on Fusion (we're almost 3 miles from the CO) but I'm loving the responsive, knowledgeable, easily reachable Sonic support. Not looking forward to going back to AT&T, nor am I enamored of Xfinity (Comcast). I still have nightmares from our experience with @Home in the '90s.
by crobinson » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am
There needs to be a PUC rule change to force A$TT into granting access to RTs.

Especially since most of the ILEC are abandoning copper networks or at least letting them die a slow death.
by dane » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:41 am
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chucko » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 pm
That pilot project in the Sunset is a few blocks from where I lived in the '90s.

Dane, I sincerely hope you are able to make money off that, and that you can deploy down here in Sunnyvale soon!
by Narit Bunchien » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 am
I live in the sunset on 34th ave. I could use a gig of bandwidth. All my friends here are all techies. my phone is 415-505-xxxx [editor - redacted]. I will make sure everyone in sunset uses sonic.
5 posts Page 1 of 1