Fiber on 6th Ave Inner Richmond

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest_Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm
HI,

I have been a Sonic customer for 1 year now. I am on 6th ave in the Inner Richmond. We had a tech come to our door about one month ago saying Sonic just completed fiber installation on my street. But when I call Sonic, they tell me it's not yet available for my location, but I also see on this forum that Dane has posted it is available from 2nd ave and westward.
So I am confused. It's been one year since I signed up and my bill has jumped up about $30 (which is also not what I was told when I signed up), and I would love to switch to fiber, but am getting conflicting answers.

Any info will help.

Thanks
by dane » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 pm
6th Ave North of Geary is not served, due to undergrounded utilities at Geary. We may in future be able to work around this via a street to the North, but haven't reached an uptake point in the region yet that would allow for that construction. As more subscribers sign up in the Richmond district, that may change.

If you got a construction door to door notice, that would have been in error. I will inform the team here!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by piercingaudio » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:56 pm
@dane has this issue been resolved as of yet?
Thanks
by 6th Avenue Resident » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:16 pm
I second that request. I am on 6th Avenue, north of Geary. Is Fiber ever coming here?
by larns576 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 pm
Last I read that the mayor is no longer pursuing city-wide fiber and will leave it up to the incoming mayor. Since the incoming mayor isnt on friendly terms with Farrell, the initiative will most likely be forgotten.

DPW still doesnt want to make microtrenching feasible.

My guess is anyone with underground utilities wont be getting fiber anytime soon.

https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... ubt/?amp=1
by joseph.tartakovsky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:54 pm
Any updates?
by budnolan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:20 pm
Are there any updates?

Seems crazy that it is available on 7th avenue, one block over but not 6th. Do we need more people to sign up on the block?

Dane please help!
7 posts Page 1 of 1