Fiber in Forest Hill, SF

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by wayneltd » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:04 pm
Can we get fiber around 9th Ave and Mesa in Forest Hill, San Francisco?
by dave1@sfwcf.com » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:29 pm
Please cover Forest Hill Summit (Top of the Hill) too. 1 block uphill from 9th and Mesa. There are 28 houses up here in a neighborhood group, we are most anxious to get fiber ASAP. Many thanks.
by Alex » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:12 pm
Can't wait for fiber to come to our homes.
by dlum1@sfwcf.com » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm
Fiber in Top of the Hill, Gateview and Mendosa. Thanks.
by ForestHillNeighbor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 pm
I'd be interested in getting Sonic (fiber) on San Marcos. I wanted to use y'all when we moved but unfortunately you don't serve Forest Hill.
by steelgaze » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:02 pm
Forest hill does not seem to be dominately served by utility poles so it might take a few years for Sonic to bring fiber to the area.
by Philippe » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 pm
Fiber on Santa Rita avenue would be great.
by jwilmerding » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:07 pm
If Sonic Fiber covered 9th Ave between Mesa and 12th (an area still with power poles), I would certainly sign-up! Looking forward to it.

thanks
by mcelhi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Hi, Dane-

I realize you cannot talk about future roll outs for competitive reasons, but perhaps you can speak to the boundaries of roll outs that have already occurred. My parents live on 9th Avenue in the Sunset District of SF, which seems to be one of the few north/south streets in the district not to receive fiber, judging from this map:

https://thatdan.github.io/sonic_fiber/

I signed them up for Sonic long ago because I like the company, its ethos, and its customer service, however, they are growing desperate for faster speeds. I'm just wondering if you can speak to plans to finish up the roll out in the sunset (certainly the competition isn't going to change their plans over a skipped street), or at least provide an explanation for why 9th Ave seems to have been skipped. Their home is between Lawton and Moraga and the telephone poles run in an ally in the middle of the block.

As always, thanks for your time and for running such a great company.
9 posts Page 1 of 1