Sonic fiber installation question

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by arctic1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 pm
I am planning to order fiber for my house in the Sunset, SF area, but I have a question about the installation.

Is it okay if my house does not have any ethernet jacks? There is an opening in the garage (used previously by cable) that the fiber should be able to come in through. There is a small opening (big enough for a cable) in the ceiling of the garage that leads to a room upstairs where I plan the router to be. Can the installer route the wire needed to connect to the router through this opening, since I don't have any ethernet jacks?
by dane » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 am
Yep, most homes in SF do not have Ethernet, and we generally do exactly what you've described during the installation. Order up! http://sonic.com/availability
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am
In my case the tech was able to piggy back off the old comcast drop ( see pictures )

Attachments

by pockyken007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am
and one more picture

Attachments

by arctic1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 am
Thank you, I just ordered!

One more question: will the fiber drop be installed on the telephone pole (this was how we got cable previously), and not on the side of the house?
by pockyken007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:10 am
They run from the pole to the side of the building ( outside 1. jpg ) the grey box . Then after that in my case he ran the cable over the top of the building ( flat on the roof ) and then dropped it down piggybacking the old comcast cable . One thing that I loved about the install is the tech will do a walk through through the premise to determine points of entry , where is the drop from sonic and where do you want your fiber to come into the house and work with YOU to make it happen the way you WANT IT !

That is what I call excellent customer service !

PS. every install is different and mine is just a rough idea of how it went for me , make sure you talk to the install tech and specify what you would like and see what the options are after he is done doing walk through .
by arctic1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am
Thank you for the help!
by pockyken007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am
arctic1 wrote:Thank you for the help!

You're welcome . Enjoy the Blazing speeds of light ! It's going to be SONIC BOOM !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
8 posts Page 1 of 1