Some sites working some not

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by abhi.kris » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 am
Since last night I'm noticing that some websites are working fine and others don't load at all. When I'm connected on my phone or at work all the websites seem to be coming up normal. Just when I'm connected over wifi through my sonic connection. Is anyone else having this issue?
by mike.perlas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am
I quickly looked at your line and noticed a dip in stability last night. However, the sync rate is looking good now. I do also see a period of high upload saturation. You are still seeing the problem occur now?

If you would like, feel free to PM me the addresses and I will attempt to replicate the issue.
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am
What type of connection do you have ? I assume either DSL or VDSL if my assumption is correct and if you max out your download / upload you will notice that some websites will load and some will not ( best example would be trying to download linux ISO with any torrent client and then trying to open a website I can almost guarantee if you are on DSL or VDSL the websites will not load ) it's caused by line saturation and all your available bandwidth going to the download / upload . If you are indeed using torrent client I suggest lowering the max speeds that you have set for upload / download leaving yourself some buffer space for web browsing .
3 posts Page 1 of 1