Question about DSL access

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Alencioni85 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 am
I had my sonic DSL installed and activated yesterday, but after attempting to set up the modem using all the phone lines in the room, I can't get past the two briadband blinking green lights on the modem. We had Xfinity triple play before we signed up for sonic, so my question is, does Xfinity's phone line need to be canceled in order for yours to work? Could their service be causing an interference with yours? because right now I can get Xfinity Wi-Fi to work despite canceling them yesterday, but their broadband fails to work, so I'm going to assume something is screwy with the wiring. i'm going to pay them a visit today and make sure everything is canceled, but I was still wondering if their voice service could be impeding your ability to deliver DSL service.

Thanks.
by virtualmike » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:52 pm
When you were using Xfinity voice, could you plug your phone into any jack in the house? If so, most likely, the Comcast installer disconnected the house phone wiring from the incoming AT&T line before connecting it to the Xfinity box.

Make sure your Xfinity box is not connected to any phone jacks in your home, then find the MPOE where the AT&T line(s) comes into the house. Hopefully, you'll find a small jack that looks similar to your inside phone jacks, with a hanging plug.

If you have X2 service, then you should have two phone lines connected; if not, then Sonic and/or AT&T will need to hook up the additional line.
by mike.perlas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 am
I am sorry this thread didn't get the attention it deserved! I checked on your case and see we are getting our Sonic Installer out there tomorrow!

To answer your question, it is looking like our line was delivered but not connected to your home's internal wiring. A few things could have caused this. Perhaps there was never continuity from the home to the street. Or perhaps it was disconnected previously to make room for a different service. Whatever the problem may be, our installation team should be able to reconcile that no problem!
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1