Activity in Inner Sunset

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
by donmacsonic » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 am
Sonic truck working on the backhaul/boxes at the corner of 11th and Kirkham today.
by donmacsonic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm
About 4-5 trucks were working their way up Kirkham today starting at 7th avenue. Work was focused on the junction boxes. Very encouraging.
by dane » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm
Yep, we're making good progress! Those teams are doing the splicing, connecting the passive cross-connect cabinets on the poles into the fiber optic cables. These boxes don't contain any electronics, batteries, fans or radio equipment, they're simply patch panels where fiber connections are made to each household.

Once spliced and tested, the region is activated and we begin service delivery!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by donmacsonic » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 pm
Great news Dane. Given my install date, I believe you may be ahead of schedule. Certain you are glad the rains have subsided.
by mark1w » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:37 pm
When they will start installing at Irving St. and 14 Ave?
by dane » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 pm
mark1w wrote:When they will start installing at Irving St. and 14 Ave?
Check date for your address at http://sonic.com/availability

I saw 16th go active on Thursday, so we are very close!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by donmacsonic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:58 pm
Great day yesterday as the house was attached to the fiber. Installation next Tuesday.

Must congratulate Sonic on being 3 months ahead of the scheduled date they originally gave me.
by mark1w » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm
Hi Dane! Sonic tracks finished working on all avenues in Inner Sunset. But between 16th and 15th ave. on Irving St. fiber connections are not available. When they will be back to finish their job in my area?
by steelgaze » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:31 pm
mark1w wrote:Hi Dane! Sonic tracks finished working on all avenues in Inner Sunset. But between 16th and 15th ave. on Irving St. fiber connections are not available. When they will be back to finish their job in my area?
Irving has undergrounded utilities so no fiber for the time being. Maybe in a year or two when microtrenching is allowed.
by arif » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:06 pm
I'm encouraged by availability of fiber in surrounding blocks, but it seems like there's an issue moving south on 7th Ave past Lawton? I've tried to get an answer from tech support as to when this might be happening, but given their really vague and almost sympathetic answers it seems like there may be something impeding fiber from making it to our block (7th Ave south of Lawton). Is this true? I'd appreciate a straight answer given Sonic crews have been able to connect the block of 7th Ave just north of us. The availability tool still shows nothing but 10-50Mbps options for us.
19 posts Page 1 of 2