FTTH in Sunnyvale 94085?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by chucko » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 pm
We're in the process of switching our Sonic hookup from slow DSL to FTTN x2 in the San Miguel neighborhood, near 101 & Fair Oaks. AT&T ran fiber down the pole line on our block some weeks ago, and today they put in some equipment at our house. The installation is supposed to go live on Monday. I'll report back with the results once it's in.
by chucko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm
Sonic Fusion FTTN x2 service is live in our house now. Preliminary speed tests show 56 Mb/s down, 5.8 up.

Since we (almost) never use the land line, I can't comment yet on voice phone issues.

Our installation was scheduled for 11-1. The AT&T tech showed up about 2:30. He was efficient in getting the job done, though.

I'm looking forward to telling C*mc*st to go pound sand.
by Amrivlin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm
I just cross posted the same question. I am moving to a new development in DT Campbell 95008.

Att fiber is available for $80+tax free install.

Do I understand correctly Sonic cannot piggy back and offer service in this situation?

I guess I'll just go with ATT if that is the case.
by wa2ibm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 pm
Amrivlin wrote:Do I understand correctly Sonic cannot piggy back and offer service in this situation?
If AT&T offers fiber, you can order Sonic X1 or X2 and it will be delivered via that fiber. However, you'll only get the X1 or X2 speeds, not full fiber speed, since Sonic only has a contract for those slower speeds.

Bill
14 posts Page 2 of 2