Internet access in West County

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Craig Ellis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 pm
Hello,

I have used sonic.net in the past, and would love to come back as a customer. I live on Hwy 116 Between Forestville and Guernville.. We currently are Hughes.net subscribers. The last time we tried DSL, we were too far from the base station. I fear that is still the case.

What is Pogonet? is that something that might work for us?

i just saw a recent post from Dane to another west county resident , and basic answer is that there may not be any services that Sonic can offer.

Is there anything that Sonic can offer someone who lives in a very wooded area of west county, which is outside of the cable or DSL routes along hwy 116?

Thanks,

Craig Ellis
by dane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 am
Craig Ellis wrote: Is there anything that Sonic can offer someone who lives in a very wooded area of west county, which is outside of the cable or DSL routes along hwy 116?
No, afraid not. If you are beyond the range of our DSL or Fusion products, next check with Comcast, then look into Verizon's EVDO wireless coverage, then finally satellite. Wildblue has a new faster product available, but be mindful of the consumption limits; don't expect to stream video.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Craig Ellis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm
Thanks Dane! That is what I expected.. but I thought I should check just in case.
Craig
3 posts Page 1 of 1