So SF is fiber'ed up, how about the East Bay next?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by marxbros » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:17 am
Specifically the Martinez area... hint hint?? It's the county seat for Contra Costa County and let me be generous enough to offer myself as the first test subject in the area! Fiber is already hot in Brentwood, let's make it a complete line from East County to San Francisco!
by Joel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 am
You and I are in the same boat! We're both in Martinez and both want off of our respective current providers!

At this point, if Sonic offer DSL with reasonable speeds (I know this is ultimately governed by AT&T, as it is their circuits), I'd already have signed up. My wife works from home and the low upload (thanks AT&T.......) would absolutely wreak havoc with the timeliness of her work.
by mtz_user » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:16 pm
I'm also in Martinez... near downtown. That makes 3 of us. I think Martinez is now sonic's biggest potential market for fiber :)
by jlev » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm
An article in the Chronicle on 12/3 indicates that fiber is expanding to the East Bay, but is pretty short on details. The original statement of course isn't linked.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/art ... 401009.php

Anyone know more about the current state of the expansion?
by xtian.stratus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am
I've been waiting in Orinda for many years now. With fiber reaching Berkeley hills, it seems so close!
5 posts Page 1 of 1