ellis court sebastopol access

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by kmeutsch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 pm
i have 40 mbps sonic service. my neighbor on the same street, same side, two doors down has fiber. i'm on att lines, and have problems for the last several years just about every month! they tell me fiber isn't available at my address. i'd like that to change! one more bit of info. on the last, frequent, repair visit the att repairman said that fiber is right at the pole in the middle of my street, one pole away. he thought it shouldn't be a problem getting fiber to my address.
by dane » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm
Interesting one. I see our plant at the intersection of Ellis and the trail, but from that point on, it's apparently a private road, so there's no street view - and we didn't include those poles in our build. It's possible we could - do you know if the two other neighbors along with you all want the service?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kmeutsch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:22 pm
Hi Dane

Thanks for your reply. I was told by a service guy that there was definitely fiber on a pole on the private road section of ellis court. He joked he almost cut it. He said that it looked like it was serving address 666 ellis court at least. There was another Sonic guy out here yesterday and I talked to him about the fiber. He said it shouldn't be a big deal to get the fiber run down to my pole, and then have it pulled to my house. He said something about calling and saying that I was willing to sacrifice a wire that it could be pulled with. I'd really love to get fiber! What do you think??

Thanks again for your consideration!
Kevin
by dane » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 pm
I'll ask outside plant engineering to look at viability!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kmeutsch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 pm
thanks a lot!
by kmeutsch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Hi Dane

I'm just checking back. Thanks again!

Kevin
by kmeutsch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 am
Hi Dane

I'm hoping to get some good news about fiber. Any word yet?

Thanks again!
Kevin
by kmeutsch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:36 am
Hi Dane

I tried to call you at the office. They recommended posting. You were going to find out about fiber to my address on Ellis Court. Please let me know. Thanks! Sure would like to get rid of this old ATT wire!

Kevin
by dane » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am
kmeutsch wrote:Hi Dane

I tried to call you at the office. They recommended posting. You were going to find out about fiber to my address on Ellis Court. Please let me know. Thanks! Sure would like to get rid of this old ATT wire!

Kevin
Engineering has reviewed, and we could extend to the remainder of the poles on your private street. Feasibility would require that all households opt for service, and it could take us some significant number of months before we are able to fit the build in. Will you talk to your neighbors and see if there is interest?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kmeutsch » Sat May 20, 2017 3:39 pm
Hi Dane

I'm sorry fro the delay getting back, I hadn't seen your latest response. I stopped by your office and someone showed it to me.

Anyway, I've been working on getting people on-board for your offer. I've already got two other people interested, and I get service - so that's at least three. There's only five properties down here on this private section of Ellis Court - and possibly at least one of the others may already have fiber, right?

So are we close enough? If we have a holdout because of a service contract they may well change in the future if the service is readily available when their contract ends. I will try to be helpful in that regards.

Let me know what you think. Please save us! The 40mbps service we get now is really problematic over the old ATT copper. I've probably had 5 service calls and almost as many modem replacements over the last year.

Best!
Kevin
11 posts Page 1 of 2