Sonic Service Area Map?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by dane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:07 pm
jttttttttt wrote:Then how come after having At&T for years I'm still listed as not having Sonic available? You really should have a coverage map
A coverage map is not possible, as every address has unique plant design and available resources - and on the available resources, these vary, so what's available today might not be available months from now. Your situation is a case in point on that - product used to be available, but is no longer due to capacity, product retirement, wiring, etc.

As for when a map might be useful, the primary use case we can imagine is when hunting for a rental, and trying to find out what speed service is available. But, we suspect that folks generally find a few addresses they are considering renting, and can check those addresses individually on the website to compare, rather than viewing a map.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gknell » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 pm
I still think a service area map would be good even if not completely accurate. I would see how close you are to coming to our neighborhood. Waiting in the complete dark is not good business. Len Kopel is in my Execs leads and referral club and I can't really refer without knowing where you are now. Please reconsider.
by oddhack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 am
dane wrote:For more on the reasons for this, see:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/09/02/am ... d-duopoly/
404 Error.
by amayfield » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 am
You can find the blog post here - https://corp.sonic.net/ceo/americas-int ... d-duopoly/
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by steelgaze » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:41 am
gknell wrote:I still think a service area map would be good even if not completely accurate. I would see how close you are to coming to our neighborhood. Waiting in the complete dark is not good business. Len Kopel is in my Execs leads and referral club and I can't really refer without knowing where you are now. Please reconsider.
Sonic doesn't do maps so they can remain mysterious and half in the dark to the big telecoms also wanting to roll out gigabit service. It's not even that hard to find out but I guess the only people that loses most are customers.
15 posts Page 2 of 2