FYI cancelling Sonic FTTN and moving to AT&T: A total mess

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by pockyken007 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 pm
mileslincoln wrote:Thanks, sushinut. I'll try contacting that store, but a few more calls like the ones I've had with at&t may force me back to comcast :|

I received this message from Sonic after requesting cancelation:
Your disconnect order for Sonic Fusion FTTN service is in progress. We expect the process to complete on or before: 2017-04-20
Is my internet going to shut off at a random time in the next 30 days? That seems less than ideal.

I need to wait 7-10 business days after it's shut off for at&t to start service/schedule an install?
yup it will randomly shut off when ATT disables your account .
by sushinut » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:21 pm
Oh happy day, install has been scheduled for 3/28! I doubt I'll ever sign up w Sonic again after this experience.
by Amony Mouse » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:42 pm
And if you are lucky like me, you will be charged for your Sonic accounts in successive months.

I cancelled to go to Xfinity(way faster and cheaper than my sonic dsl/directtv combo) and they said they would process it and I would get a refund.

They "refunded" me by putting money into a sonic account...which they than charged for successive months. 5 phone calls, one each week...and finally I gave up.

They won!
by miken » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 am
Amony Mouse wrote:And if you are lucky like me, you will be charged for your Sonic accounts in successive months.

I cancelled to go to Xfinity(way faster and cheaper than my sonic dsl/directtv combo) and they said they would process it and I would get a refund.

They "refunded" me by putting money into a sonic account...which they than charged for successive months. 5 phone calls, one each week...and finally I gave up.

They won!
I'd like to take a look into this, as that situation is not something that should be happening. If you could send an e-mail to 'support@sonic.net' with the subject 'Attention Mike N.' with the service address, I can take a look.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by ozyngier » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm
I also tried to switch from Sonic to AT&T. Sonic says the disconnect takes 30 days, for which they will bill me.
I called AT&T and they said nonsense, the 30 days is imposed by Sonic, not us.
Seems to me like another attempt by Sonic to squeeze an extra month's payment out of me.
BTW I ended up with Comcast, because it is both cheaper and faster. And frankly I was tired of Sonic's overcharging me to rent a modem for the last 2 years and pretend my internet connection would only work with their modem, which was false, I know I used my own modem and it worked just fine!)
by danielg4 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 pm
ozyngier wrote:I was tired of Sonic's overcharging me to rent a modem for the last 2 years and pretend my internet connection would only work with their modem, which was false,
They don't make such a claim except for FTTN service.
ozyngier wrote:I know I used my own modem and it worked just fine!
This is possible only for non-FTTN service.

One of your two statements above is simply untrue. They are mutually exclusive.
16 posts Page 2 of 2