When will Los Angeles be considered for Sonic's fiber?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by LA_Fiber » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 am
Recently had Sonic, but couldn't stomach the poor latency that goes with a DSL connection in comparison to DOCSIS3.0 from Spectrum or the lack of a fiber alternative here.

I have since switched and been blown away by the cable company here, because it's better and more reliable to my past Comcast experience (also, stable ping is nice!) but miss Sonic's culture and dislike my small amount not supporting their fiber future.

Luckily, Charter bought out the awful ISP here (Time Warner) and services have seen a big quality increase, but it's not Fiber and I would swap in a heartbeat if Sonic got that out here.

Is Sonic going to be giving us Fiber here in Los Angeles in their future? Are we a consideration?

I understand the business benefits of an entire fiber network in San Francisco, but wouldn't Los Angeles be easier to wire?

Wouldn't a new brand entering Los Angeles be able to build a strong reputation? especially when Los Angeles is admist a rebrand of a once hated internet company (Time Warner)

In short, when will Los Angeles be looking at Sonic Fiber?
by m2m3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm
I had been planning to ask the same question a few months ago.
by Lawndale fiber » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 pm
m2m3 wrote:I had been planning to ask the same question a few months ago.
I'll second that for Lawndale
by dane » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:52 am
Today our Fusion services are available in three broad regional markets: SF Bay Area, Sacramento and LA. We cover broad regions around each of these markets.

Our uptake has been by far strongest in the SF Bay Area, where as a result today we have nearly one hundred installers. By contrast, in LA we have just a few dedicated, and in Sacramento on a typical day we'll dispatch three or four.

We're working toward completion of San Francisco, and have other greater Bay Area cities in various stages of engineering at this point. We'll stay focused there for a while, then consider markets elsewhere in CA and beyond the state as well.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1