customer service.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by joshua l. » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 am
i was met with a totally unhelpful customer service operator today. i live in a place just outside of sebastopol where i have very very few options for internet access. he was short and seemed to just want to get rid of me.
i need help. i thought dane and sonic were wanting to get internet service to everyone.
i was referred to a technician named adam by my neighbor who said he was very help in curing their connection obstacles. the operator said that he could not put me in touch with adam.
if anyone can help me, please do.

thank you in advance,
Joshua L.
707-671-2287
by dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am
Joshua,

I'm sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience with our staff! We hire nice local people, and we're generally very well rated when it comes to customer care.

The bad news though is that we have no product to offer you. We used to sell both wireless and satellite Internet access, and both of those are closed products at this time. Sorry!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by joshua l. » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 pm
well i am not convinced that the ceo of sonic has the time to answer all posts on this forum but its cute that you use danes photo and signature. i still would like to be in touch with adam as it seems he has the knowledge to help me. i would be happy to pay him for consulting services even if "off the clock" of his current employer.
even though you are not offering the sonic/pogowave wireless to new customers am am certain that my amicable neighbors would be glad to help me out and lower their bill by half with me splitting it with them. i want to know what equipment is necessary to either hardwire or wirelessly get the signal from the neighbors house to mine.
are there any techie folks on this forum that can help?
my kids get homework which require the use of the internet and its hard to handle the scheduling to make it to public places to do so.
HELP!!!
by dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 pm
Yes, it's really me.

Adam wouldn't be able to assist, I'm sorry. And, your neighbors wouldn't be able to share, as their service may not be shared as that wouldn't be fair to the other users of the network nor would it work from a business model perspective for us.

Regarding service there, you might consider Wildblue, try here: http://www.wildblue.com/

-Dane (really!)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:13 pm
Also - just had one other idea come to mind that you might want to look into. Wireless service from Verizon or Clear. Try these two:

http://www.verizonwireless.com
http://www.clear.com/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1