My Neighbor Has Sonic But I Can't?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by thexfilesz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 am
Can someone explain to me why my neighbors have sonic but it cant? I've been waiting years. There are a ton of sonic customers in Brentwood now. I call customer service and they pretend they know why but I know they're just using your availability thing online. I just want an explanation from someone who actually hooks up the Internet why its not available to me. I'm also a dish customer so it'd be nice to get both together. I have AT&T I'm sick of their insanely slow Internet and ridiculous prices. I want to be your customer help me out here!
by dane » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:32 am
I'd be happy to check the underlying GIS and conduit mapping to see what the situation is. But I'd need your address to do that. Email it to me or direct message here in the forum?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by guestwithquestion » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:08 pm
I have the same issue. Been trying to get someone to look deeper before I order from AT&T.

Tried to post this:
Possible AT&T access database errors/ can someone help or shed some light. ??

Hi All

Maybe someone can shed a light on this for me. I'm trying to order sonic internet access and at my location it would be via the uverse based product Sonic offers.

I went into the Sonic availability tool and entered my address which is unit D of a 4 unit condo building and it says the product is not available at my location. For grins I entered my neighbors address who shares a common wall and it's available and is available in every other unit in the building. Service is also available in every adjacent building and unit near me. AT&T has been pushing uverse in the complex for several years so I know it's here......neighbors are using it in the same building for internet/TV. For grins I entered my address in the uverse availability tool and it comes back and says I can receive 100 meg service.

Wondering if the reason could be the DSL service I have now that has flagged the copper as being not available ?

I've called sales at Sonic and they say since the database says no I cannot order through them. Can I get this looked at further before I order from AT&T ?.... Would rather have Sonic.
by dane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 pm
Yes, we can certainly look into this. While buildings adjacent may not have service available, it wouldn't make any sense that other units in your building can get fiber but you cannot. Please ring our team and provide them those details.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by captron248 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 am
Thanks Dane

With the above and beyond effort of Kwami (sp?) I was able to get service ordered.
by dane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:22 am
captron248 wrote:Thanks Dane

With the above and beyond effort of Kwami (sp?) I was able to get service ordered.
Yay!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1