Thanks for 20 years , but you are moving on.....95219

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by jeffbell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Moving to new location down the street from current home. Contacted Sonic support to ask to move coverage about 300 yds away. CSR at Sonic said, no way Jose" your outta luck, yours was a grandfather DSL to Fusion upgrade so/ but supervisor said: Nice knowing you. So I asked about Dial UP- thinking hay, at least I can support Dane in his fight against the Leviathan, But- no way- Dial Up- does anyone do that? I have never been trained to sell Dial Up...? Well, I guess I can send a donation to the Amiga repair shop down the street, Good luck , Sonic's new business model says adios to the happy caballero's who remember the Old Days- Mr Bell
phone modem.jpg
phone modem.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
by amayfield » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 pm
Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about this! We don't have a presence in your LATA (Local access and transport area) because we've yet to deploy our Fusion product in your region. Because of this we do not have any telephone numbers appropriate to your region & since we do not have an internet only offering we aren't able to accommodate moving your service.

But we definitely can downgrade your account to a Dial Up account, I'm sorry we told you otherwise on the phone! And we certainly appreciate the continued support! Let me know if you'd like to get your account set up for Dial Up - PM me here on the forums, or I can email you at the contact email address on file or give you a ring on the contact phone number on file.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by Mr Bell » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:13 pm
Hi Andrew, would very much like to go to dial up! Pls send info to my email- will contact you in a couple of days. Woot!!!!
3 posts Page 1 of 1