Sonic Fusion @ 7000 feet away with Actiontec modem...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
29 posts Page 2 of 3
by dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm
If it's the same at the MPOE as it is inside, that simply means your home wiring isn't the problem. It doesn't mean that there is NOT a problem. Please do call back and ask - does the distance as shown by our ASSIA troubleshooting interface match up with a reasonable level for speed? If it does not, they may see problems there - crosstalk, splice issues, grounding faults - items we'd dispatch AT&T to fix.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by c.aynesworth » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:28 pm
Again Thanks Dane. I relayed your comments to support!

I do want to stress to others that may be reading this that everyone I've talked to at sonic have been very nice and have called me back. I don't think I would've gotten this same level of help at other companies.
by c.aynesworth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm
Well I never heard back from support. So I guess you should amend you graph to show that at 7,200 feet, one should expect around 3.6Mbps....
by dane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:31 pm
Did you call support at 611 and wait to speak with them, or press the option for a call back?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by c.aynesworth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:49 pm
I called the other day and as you saw all the tests seem OK. I then sent your response in an email to support, and never heard back, so I figured that was that. I mentioned this thread and the person I talked to sounded as though nothing more could be done...
by dane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 pm
Well, the speed is way outside of what one would expect at that distance, so if that IS the distance, they should dispatch and test on site and repair. Please, phone support!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mbreese » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:39 pm
c.aynesworth wrote: I then sent your response in an email to support, and never heard back
For what it's worth... My experience is that emails to support aren't answered. And if they are answered, it isn't in a timely manner (I'd consider 6-12 hours timely for a support request). I've been battling with a problem recently and haven't gotten responses to any emails outside of the automated message. If you really want a response from support, give them a call.

(Note: everyone that I talked to has been quite nice and professional)
by dane » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 pm
If you fail to receive a response to a ticket, the purpose of the ticket number for us is to track down what happened to the response. Please do call if you have any open tickets that we do not respond to.

Regarding response interval, we currently are achieving an average response time for support email tickets in 3.5 hours. This has gone up, we were at two hours a few months ago, but we are continuing to hire and train staff as we grow.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by c.aynesworth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:49 pm
Someone got back to me and ATT is coming tomorrow to have a look at things. Thanks Dane for the help again - I'll post after ATT figures out the situation.
by dane » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm
c.aynesworth wrote:Someone got back to me and ATT is coming tomorrow to have a look at things. Thanks Dane for the help again - I'll post after ATT figures out the situation.
Excellent, glad to hear it, and thanks for sticking with us through the process!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
29 posts Page 2 of 3