NETGEAR EX6200 AC1200 WiFi - Extender was not able to connect to your existing network.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by waihungtang » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 pm
The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network.

If you entered the correct passphrase, and the Extender did not connect to your existing wireless network, you might need to move the Extender closer to your router or to a position with a better line of sight. Check the Extender LEDs to isolate the problem. The LEDs are explained in the installation guide and user manual for your product.

If you have Access Control List (ACL) enabled in your router, please make sure you have added below MAC address into your router's Access Control List (ACL).

The Extender MAC address is xxxxxxx
Your wireless adapter MAC address is XXXXXX

Do I need to contact Support to install the extender??
by mike.perlas » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:25 am
Good morning! Sorry to hear we've ran into trouble getting your extender onto the network! First and foremost, your best bet would be to call Netgear support before Sonic support if your having trouble with their device.

However, I'd be glad to throw in some ideas!

1) Try having the extender in the same room at first. This is just to test if it will even connect to the modem.

2) I see you are using our Pace and that the networks are split. Which network are you trying to connect the extender to? If you are trying to connect to the 5 ghz network, perhaps it isn't compatible with that. Try connecting to the 2.4 ghz network first.
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 am
What device are you trying to connect ? ( try assigning static IP to the devices - especially cellphones / tablets and see if you can connect )

Do you have the latest firmware for the extenders /drivers for nic card ( if you are connecting laptop )

Did you try hardwire set up from router > extender and see if you can connect ?

When you do connect the devices to the extender do you get any IP ?

Did you make sure that the second network SSID differs from the main network example : Main network Sonic-8605 , extended network Sonic-8605ex keep the password the same .
by waihungtang » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 pm
Thank you for answering my question as well. I will try it in the weekend.
by Brendan805 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 pm
I'm having the exact same problem. Any solutions?
by pockyken007 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am
Brendan805 wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. Any solutions?

What device are you trying to connect ? ( try assigning static IP to the devices - especially cellphones / tablets and see if you can connect )

Do you have the latest firmware for the extenders /drivers for nic card ( if you are connecting laptop )

Did you try hardwire set up from router > extender and see if you can connect ?

When you do connect the devices to the extender do you get any IP ?

Did you make sure that the second network SSID differs from the main network example : Main network Sonic-8605 , extended network Sonic-8605ex keep the password the same .
6 posts Page 1 of 1