Fiber in Richmond district San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 1 of 3
by nct@pacbell.net » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:07 am
I used to be Sonic customer at my apartment building, 3030 Turk St. Switched to Comcast since they provide up to 200 Mbps vs 40 for Sonic. Now that Sonic has fiber, I am interested to switch back. Please let me know when it is available. I checked on the web site but only see 40Mbps plan.
by roninx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 pm
Got our sonic installed a couple weeks ago. We're outer richmond district.
by nct@pacbell.net » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:55 pm
I guess my address, 3030 Turk, is Inner Richmond ? Between Stanyan and Arguello. Still no word from Sonic whether fiber is available at my address yet. Check their website and all I see is option for 10 mbps and 20 mpbs.
by dane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:00 pm
nct@pacbell.net wrote:I guess my address, 3030 Turk, is Inner Richmond ? Between Stanyan and Arguello. Still no word from Sonic whether fiber is available at my address yet. Check their website and all I see is option for 10 mbps and 20 mpbs.
Nope, afraid not, the website is correct. Currently our gigabit fiber service is available in the Richmond from 2nd Ave and Westward.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 pm
Thanks Dane for the repsonse. Do you have plan on when you will expand to cover all of Richmond district, including 2nd Ave eastward ?
by guest » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:44 pm
Second this question...I'm not a current Sonic customer but would sign up within the hour if I could get fiber. I'm eager to leave Comcast and am impressed by your customers' affinity for your service and the fact that you yourself post here.

I'm on the west side of Arguello between Anza & Balboa. Any plan/timeline for an eastward expansion from 2nd Ave? Thanks!
by dane » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:20 pm
guest wrote:Second this question...I'm not a current Sonic customer but would sign up within the hour if I could get fiber. I'm eager to leave Comcast and am impressed by your customers' affinity for your service and the fact that you yourself post here.

I'm on the west side of Arguello between Anza & Balboa. Any plan/timeline for an eastward expansion from 2nd Ave? Thanks!
Utilities in that area are undergrounded, so this would be a barrier, until and unless San Francisco enables underground construction using microtrenching and directional boring.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by guest-arguello » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm
dane wrote:Utilities in that area are undergrounded, so this would be a barrier, until and unless San Francisco enables underground construction using microtrenching and directional boring.
Sorry, hadn't seen that you replied. That's really discouraging, but I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Thanks, Dane.
by emperor-norton » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 pm
We live on the west side of Arguello Blvd, which is where the Richmond District starts. (Arguello Blvd. is the Richmond District's 1st Avenue.) When we have Sonic installed, our Sonic tech said that Sonic fiber would be coming soon to our location because we live in the Richmond District. Was this a lie? (What I read here is that Sonic fiber is never going east of 2nd Avenue.)
by steelgaze » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:54 pm
emperor-norton wrote:We live on the west side of Arguello Blvd, which is where the Richmond District starts. (Arguello Blvd. is the Richmond District's 1st Avenue.) When we have Sonic installed, our Sonic tech said that Sonic fiber would be coming soon to our location because we live in the Richmond District. Was this a lie? (What I read here is that Sonic fiber is never going east of 2nd Avenue.)
dane wrote:
guest wrote:Second this question...I'm not a current Sonic customer but would sign up within the hour if I could get fiber. I'm eager to leave Comcast and am impressed by your customers' affinity for your service and the fact that you yourself post here.

Utilities in that area are undergrounded, so this would be a barrier, until and unless San Francisco enables underground construction using microtrenching and directional boring.
24 posts Page 1 of 3