Fiber in Richmond district San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 2 of 3
by dane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm
SF has a microtrenching ordinance in front of the Board of Supervisors, and we are working with them on the details, so I am hopeful.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by johns7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm
Hi Dane,

You mentioned 2nd ave and westward, might this include Funston in between Anza and Balboa? The Sonic website is insinuating that fiber isn't available here.

Best regards,
John
by GoldenGateAndStanyan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 am
Count me in as another resident who would sign up in a heartbeat. Dane, do you have any more information on the microtrenching ordinance? I'd be more than happy to contact my city supervisor or attend a public meeting in support of it.
by dane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 pm
GoldenGateAndStanyan wrote:Count me in as another resident who would sign up in a heartbeat. Dane, do you have any more information on the microtrenching ordinance? I'd be more than happy to contact my city supervisor or attend a public meeting in support of it.
The ordinance is working its way through the Board of Supervisors now, and we're working closely with the author in order to steer it toward being a useful update to the code. Today it requires a depth of 'at least 18"', but that needs to be 'at most, 18"', and it only allows for placement in sidewalks - that leaves no way to cross the streets. So, we're working to build consensus with City of SF about what a workable form of this code would look like.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by xou » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:26 am
No Fiber for apartment buildings in Outer Richmond? I live in an apartment on 740 La Playa St. SF, Ca 94121. But when i use the gigabit availability search tool on sonic.com, it shows that only Fusion FTTN available. Thought gigabit is available in Richmond district, SF.
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am
xou wrote:No Fiber for apartment buildings in Outer Richmond? I live in an apartment on 740 La Playa St. SF, Ca 94121. But when i use the gigabit availability search tool on sonic.com, it shows that only Fusion FTTN available. Thought gigabit is available in Richmond district, SF.
not everywhere depending on the street you might be lucky to have it available or not .
by xou » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 pm
pockyken007 wrote:
xou wrote:No Fiber for apartment buildings in Outer Richmond? I live in an apartment on 740 La Playa St. SF, Ca 94121. But when i use the gigabit availability search tool on sonic.com, it shows that only Fusion FTTN available. Thought gigabit is available in Richmond district, SF.
not everywhere depending on the street you might be lucky to have it available or not .

Thanks for the reply. Anyone know how fast the FTTNx1 is? It said 50Mbps on the site, but I highly doubt it.
by amayfield » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:23 pm
FTTN x1 is provisioned at 20Mbps, FTTN x2 is provisioned at 50Mb/s. Both FTTN x1 and FTTN x2 appear to be available at 740 La Playa.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm
FTTN x1 is 20-25 mbps ( ATT overprovisons their Lines ) , FTTN x2 50-55 mbps .
by xou » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm
amayfield wrote:FTTN x1 is provisioned at 20Mbps, FTTN x2 is provisioned at 50Mb/s. Both FTTN x1 and FTTN x2 appear to be available at 740 La Playa.

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting 0.96 Mbps download and 0.37 Mbps upload via wifi..... Should I contact Sonic since it's well below 20Mbps?
24 posts Page 2 of 3