Fusion price increase and fiber expansion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
597 posts Page 60 of 60
by timyu94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm
joe.higgins wrote:Thanks for the reply @ngufra.

The AC-RT66U is 1000BaseT on the WAN side.
The AC66 is not powerful enough for gigabit due to its really ancient MIPS CPU. It tops out around 600-700 mbps.
by joe.higgins » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:22 pm
> The AC66 is not powerful enough for gigabit due to its really ancient MIPS CPU. It tops out around 600-700 mbps.

600-700 mbps is perfectly adequate for most domestic uses, so the AC66 is sufficient. Certainly an improvement on current 6/0.6 mpbs! Running a vpn added a 15% throughput overhead and a little latency, but it worked with my current setup. But ssh covers all of what I need so it is not a consideration. I do like the static IP, but can manage that differently.
by Samantha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:19 pm
phr wrote:I notice that https://www.sonic.com/home-products says Fusion starts at $40/month and doesn't mention the increase, so it needs to be updated.

https://www.sonic.com/availability after entering my address says "$10 off" and that. Fusion starts at $30/month. I guess that's just for new subscribers, so they will get a $20 increase after the promo period Wonder how many will stick around.

I thought I posted about this last night but maybe I messed up somehow.
I’m one of those customers who got sonic and was not told about the 20 increase. I just saw it on my bill, and as you predicted am not staying around for sonic. As far as I’m concerned that’s considered FALSE ADVERTISING. I read a few people saying they liked Sonics customer service, but I disagree completely. The woman I spoke with was nothing but rude, I wasn’t even mad until she started talking over me and cutting me off. I hate Comcast so it’s pretty sad that I’d rather use them than sonic. At least Comcast is honest and let’s you know about price increases upfront. Sonic sucks.
by cmeisel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 pm
The tone of these posting is kind of sad. I hate to say this but most customer seem to be rather stupid and uninformed. Sonic has the best prices around (good luck finding anybody who offers this service for so little money). At this point, sonic could raise their pricing for Fiber from $50 to $80 and still be better than ATT. ATT monitors traffic, ATT doesn't believe in net neutrality (neither does comcast, verizon). You guys can complain about not hearing something, people being rude but in the end, it comes down to either wanting and paying for a honest service or not. Good luck going anywhere else (and btw, i don't even have the privilege to have sonic yet, still waiting and hoping it comes soon) and if they raise prices, I will happily stay. Things are not free and sonic is not a multi million dollar company with rich executives, private jets (hope not dane), etc. Get real !
by joe.higgins » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 pm
I am still waiting for fiber.
by pockyken007 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm
cmeisel wrote:The tone of these posting is kind of sad. I hate to say this but most customer seem to be rather stupid and uninformed. Sonic has the best prices around (good luck finding anybody who offers this service for so little money). At this point, sonic could raise their pricing for Fiber from $50 to $80 and still be better than ATT. ATT monitors traffic, ATT doesn't believe in net neutrality (neither does comcast, verizon). You guys can complain about not hearing something, people being rude but in the end, it comes down to either wanting and paying for a honest service or not. Good luck going anywhere else (and btw, i don't even have the privilege to have sonic yet, still waiting and hoping it comes soon) and if they raise prices, I will happily stay. Things are not free and sonic is not a multi million dollar company with rich executives, private jets (hope not dane), etc. Get real !

people will always whine and moan about the silliest of things cause they can ... said that the same people will jump ship because the " grass is greener " ... just like Samantha above who went on a full on rant , people do not read and then they go all emo blaming others for their own shortcomings ... Bye Bye Samantha hopefully you'll find what you are looking for ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
by pockyken007 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:00 pm
Samantha wrote:
phr wrote:I notice that https://www.sonic.com/home-products says Fusion starts at $40/month and doesn't mention the increase, so it needs to be updated.

https://www.sonic.com/availability after entering my address says "$10 off" and that. Fusion starts at $30/month. I guess that's just for new subscribers, so they will get a $20 increase after the promo period Wonder how many will stick around.

I thought I posted about this last night but maybe I messed up somehow.
I’m one of those customers who got sonic and was not told about the 20 increase. I just saw it on my bill, and as you predicted am not staying around for sonic. As far as I’m concerned that’s considered FALSE ADVERTISING. I read a few people saying they liked Sonics customer service, but I disagree completely. The woman I spoke with was nothing but rude, I wasn’t even mad until she started talking over me and cutting me off. I hate Comcast so it’s pretty sad that I’d rather use them than sonic. At least Comcast is honest and let’s you know about price increases upfront. Sonic sucks.

it says it pretty clearly when you place the order on how the pricing is broken down ...

Attachments

597 posts Page 60 of 60