Fusion price increase and fiber expansion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
597 posts Page 49 of 60
by fpacifica » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 pm
You guys upped the price $10 and this is all I get, overall rating "E":
DSLReports Speedtest 2017-04-19.jpg
DSLReports Speedtest 2017-04-19.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 7392 times
by GoneDude » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm
pockyken007 wrote:So let me get this straight the haves suppose to support the have nots but the have nots have no obligation at all to other have nots in terms of support by paying the extra 10$ to make it so that people who are still without sonic fiber at least have a chance of getting it ? #Logic . :roll: :roll:
No, I'm saying that people should Pay For What They Get. People are generally willing to do so, and most businesses have found that they can prosper on this pricing principal. Want to fly First Class rather than Coach? Pay more. Want a BMW rather than a Kia? Pay more. Want a nice new house rather than an old tumbledown shack? Pay more. Sonic's new pricing strategy is just so preposterous and wrongheaded, from both a marketing and business economics sense, that the only reasonable conclusion is that they're in desperate financial straits and need a Hail Mary. No business in the world has ever successfully financed major capital investment from cashflow generated by raising prices to noncompetitive levels on customers that can easily flee. Just doesn't work. You raise prices on customers that can't or won't flee, and you get investors to finance capital investment by convincing them that the CapX will produce future profits. The fact that Sonic isn't doing these things is, unfortunately, the handwriting on the wall.
by TLwat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:04 am
Really pissed. I called last week sonic to inquiry about fusion x2 (I'm a new customer). I am told 60$/m and 10$ modem rental. All right, I sign up. Today I just got it installed and received a bill by email where it's shown as 70$+taxes+rental, total of ~90$. And all of that for 15mbps max!!

This is Pure treachery of misinforming me of the price by giving me the old one. I am sure that's what she gave me as I still have it written down and I remember repeating "six-zero" over the phone to make sure I understood the price correctly. Came across this topic by googling "fusion x2 price"

90$ for 15 Mbps... I'm going to take advantage of the 30 day cancellation (except if they get me there too) presto, and run away from sonic.
by Sonic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm
GoneDude wrote:
pockyken007 wrote:So let me get this straight the haves suppose to support the have nots but the have nots have no obligation at all to other have nots in terms of support by paying the extra 10$ to make it so that people who are still without sonic fiber at least have a chance of getting it ? #Logic . :roll: :roll:
No, I'm saying that people should Pay For What They Get. People are generally willing to do so, and most businesses have found that they can prosper on this pricing principal. Want to fly First Class rather than Coach? Pay more. Want a BMW rather than a Kia? Pay more. Want a nice new house rather than an old tumbledown shack? Pay more. Sonic's new pricing strategy is just so preposterous and wrongheaded, from both a marketing and business economics sense, that the only reasonable conclusion is that they're in desperate financial straits and need a Hail Mary. No business in the world has ever successfully financed major capital investment from cashflow generated by raising prices to noncompetitive levels on customers that can easily flee. Just doesn't work. You raise prices on customers that can't or won't flee, and you get investors to finance capital investment by convincing them that the CapX will produce future profits. The fact that Sonic isn't doing these things is, unfortunately, the handwriting on the wall.
He's receiving a Lexus for the price of a Toyota yet he still complains. Smh.
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Some people are never happy ;)
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 pm
TLwat wrote:Really pissed. I called last week sonic to inquiry about fusion x2 (I'm a new customer). I am told 60$/m and 10$ modem rental. All right, I sign up. Today I just got it installed and received a bill by email where it's shown as 70$+taxes+rental, total of ~90$. And all of that for 15mbps max!!

This is Pure treachery of misinforming me of the price by giving me the old one. I am sure that's what she gave me as I still have it written down and I remember repeating "six-zero" over the phone to make sure I understood the price correctly. Came across this topic by googling "fusion x2 price"

90$ for 15 Mbps... I'm going to take advantage of the 30 day cancellation (except if they get me there too) presto, and run away from sonic.

60+10 is 70 ... + taxes and fees that comes up to around 90 so what's the problem ?
by GoneDude » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Sonic wrote:He's receiving a Lexus for the price of a Toyota yet he still complains. Smh.
??
Maybe you have confused me with someone else. Sonic offers me 4mbps, at the same price as those who get fiber. That's a beat-up Yugo, at the price of a Lexus. So, yeah, I complain.
by chip@sonic.net » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 pm
I have been a customer for many years and have always appreciated the service so even when there was a price increase did not complain...however, now service is difficult to get help in a timely manner and price increase is too much for us to be able to continue with Sonic....also, was told with fusion everything would be better and cheaper...no such luck..does anyone know of a server that they are happy with now? Am just beginning to look...
by pockyken007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm
chip@sonic.net wrote:I have been a customer for many years and have always appreciated the service so even when there was a price increase did not complain...however, now service is difficult to get help in a timely manner and price increase is too much for us to be able to continue with Sonic....also, was told with fusion everything would be better and cheaper...no such luck..does anyone know of a server that they are happy with now? Am just beginning to look...

server ? or do you mean ISP ?
by pockyken007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm
GoneDude wrote:
Sonic wrote:He's receiving a Lexus for the price of a Toyota yet he still complains. Smh.
??
Maybe you have confused me with someone else. Sonic offers me 4mbps, at the same price as those who get fiber. That's a beat-up Yugo, at the price of a Lexus. So, yeah, I complain.

this where you are mistaken ... sonic is offering you a service with a cost of X associated with it sure enough it sucks that the cost of X is the same as cost of fiber and the speeds are lower but judging by your speed you are on a dsl connection pretty dang far from the CO and in an area where fiber deployment hasn't reached yet ...
597 posts Page 49 of 60