Federal Subscriber Line Charge

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
44 posts Page 5 of 5
by anthony.n » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:25 pm
joiyssey wrote: What the hell is a "voice" charge anyway??? I do not have a home phone or want a home phone.
We try to be as transparent about service charges as possible, we never want our customer's first bill to come as a shock. Sonic provides bundled phone and internet service with our current promotion at $40 per month, not including taxes and additional fees. For customers that do not have their own equipment we provide a router rental and taxes on the voice line can be as high as $15 in certain areas of California. Hope that clears up some confusion on pricing.

If you are having issues connecting to your Sonic service please reach out to our support team. You can request one of our representatives reach out to you via text, email or phone at sonic.com/support
by addison912 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:00 pm
I never asked for voice service or discussed it with the rep on the phone. Why am I being charged extra for voice service? What are all of these charges? My bill is $14.77 higher than the advertised rate. What is the justification for each of these charges?

Voice Federal Subscriber Line Charge Fee -4/PAIR200 6.50
Voice Federal Universal Service Fund Fee -4/PAIR200 2.85
Voice California Lifeline Telephone Service Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.44
Voice California Deaf and Disabled Telecom Program Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.05
Voice California High Cost Fund-A Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.06
Voice California Teleconnect Fund Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.07
Voice California Advanced Services Fund Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.09
Voice California 911 Emergency Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.30
Voice Berkeley Utility Users Tax -4/PAIR200 1.36
Voice California Public Utility Commission User Fee -4/PAIR200 0.05
Voice FCC Interstate Telecom Service Provider Fee -4/PAIR200 0.03
Property Tax Allotment Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.72
Voice Regulatory Recovery Surcharge -4/PAIR200 0.96

This feels like a grift.
by addison912 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:15 pm
Why are you defending them? Obviously 99% of people subscribing to Sonic are not trying to sign up for a fucking land line.
Cramming in extra services the consumer didn't want or ask for is sketchy and unethical.

This type of anti-consumer behavior needs to be better regulated. Fuck sonic, they should be ashamed. The advertising is misleading. The reps are misleading. But they'll keep doing it because $$$.
by joeyyung911 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:34 pm
Sonic wouldn't exist without being a "phone company", thus the federal fee, so STFU! If you want to support the monopolies and have no competition, GTFO and switch. Go fuckin' bitch to the government for the fee.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
44 posts Page 5 of 5