Federal Subscriber Line Charge

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
44 posts Page 4 of 5
by virtualmike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 pm
pockyken007 wrote:... every city has it's own taxes and fees associated with the service that change very very often and keeping up with those changes would require another department dedicated to following those changes...
Uh, doesn't Sonic need to ensure that it charges each customer the correct taxes and fees based on where the service is delivered? Doesn't that mean that someone is following those changes?
by pockyken007 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:08 am
They do when they create your bill , you can see all the charges and fees applicable on it

what they don't do is give you a detailed step by step I am gonna hold your hand because you are a special kind of snowflake amount of all the fees when you sign up they give you 40$ baseline + applicable taxes and fees ... ( which you can see on your first bill as to what exactly they are )
by virtualmike » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:52 pm
pockyken007 wrote:They do when they create your bill ,
Really? On the day of billing, someone researches each jurisdiction to determine the latest taxes and fees, and then applies the amounts to each bill that's affected?

I guess no one should look at this page?
by pockyken007 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 am
virtualmike wrote:
Really? On the day of billing, someone researches each jurisdiction to determine the latest taxes and fees, and then applies the amounts to each bill that's affected?

LOL you gotta be kidding me :roll: :roll: :roll: because every single person will go through every single tax link and calculate exact and precise fee they are going to be paying right ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now on a serious note , yes that page will give an overview and general idea and if you are really scrupulous and mathematically inclined you can most likely figure out the exact ( or very close to exact ) fee you are going to be paying ... now tell me Mike how many people do you know would go through all that to figure out the total amount they are going to be paying and how many of them would just " assume " that the 40$+taxes and fees be around 50-55$ or even better check the forums ( or post on the forums ) and ask the CS for a rough estimate ????

:roll: :roll: :roll:

virtualmike wrote:

have you ever heard of Software .... you know that amazing piece of code that if you input data some other data will spew out ... they have those nowadays it's time to put your pebbles and stone tablets away and modernize :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also look at point 17 on that page it clearly says " ESTIMATED " with a disclaimer that says " Estimated total voice taxes and fees for Fusion, subject to change based upon federal, state, local and fee changes. " so yes ... the exact amount you will be paying is the amount on your BILL when you receive it ... ;) ;) ;)
by virtualmike » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:22 pm
What's so funny?
by pockyken007 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm
virtualmike wrote:What's so funny?
:shock: you :shock:
by STLAKID » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 am
BAM! TELL ME IT IS A TAX NOW!

Federal, state, local charges increase bill by 30 percent
by Sid Kirchheimer, AARP Bulletin, October 7, 2011 | Comments: 9

Q. Each month my phone bill includes a $6.50 "federal subscriber line charge." The phone company says it's put there by the FCC, but I thought that tax ended years ago. Do I have to pay it?

A. That item on your bill is regulated and capped (currently at $6.50 per phone line) by the Federal Communications Commission, but it's not a tax. Rather, Uncle Sam allows telephone companies to put it on your bill — most do — and to keep every cent.
by cmeisel » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:48 pm
I am sure that Sonic has to pay access fees to tie into the phone networks. And, every charge including taxes is listed on their website so there are no surprises or should not be. The amount of services offered for this money is crazy. You get 1 gig up and down internet with no bandwidth limits (nobody offers this), a phone line with many free and very cheap calls (that you can also use on a mobile using their app), a free VPN for additional privacy, a free incoming and outgoing fax line accessible via your sonic portal, and one of the only providers that committed to net neutrality.
There is nothing misleading here. Go to comcast or ATT and enjoy your 1TB cap and watch them throttle traffic they don't like, block it, snoop where you go and what you watch and pay more than double for that.
Yes, I would prefer if sonic charges what this service is worth (at least $90 per month) and just includes all fees in that.
by joiyssey » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:59 pm
Sonic promised $40/month internet charge - my first bill comes out to $62 - I'm SOOOOOO pissed and disappointed. Why lie? I was going to find out anyway. Support says those are taxes and service charges. What? They just found out they were going to charge more than $40/month???

Plus I occasionally get the message that the sonic 5g connection is outdated and not supported and needs to be updated. Really??? What the hell does that mean?

What the hell is a "voice" charge anyway??? I do not have a home phone or want a home phone.
by igorru » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:51 pm
Joiyssey,

This is an image directly from the Sonic website:

It literally says that there are taxes and fees on top of the $40/month charge and it comes with a phone line.

If you look at this page you can see a very close estimate of the actual charge for taxes and fees based on your location:
https://www.sonic.com/taxesfees#example

All that information is available or easy to reach right there on the page you used to sign up for service.

Am I missing something?
44 posts Page 4 of 5