Why is Pogowave out? 24 hours now, ?72 hrs more to wait?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by sandytro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 am
Would like to know more details why Pogo Wave is out in Occidental and why it will be out for 3 days. :shock:
Not really ideal for someone running a business using this and this is our only option.
by dane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 pm
I asked support about this, and they tell me that there is a source of interference in the 900mhz band which is knocking out the signal in your area. About 25 customers are affected, and we don't yet know what the cause is, but are attempting to find it as quickly as possible.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sandytro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Any plans to provide regular broadband to us?
by dane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:58 pm
DSL? Generally, most users are too far away from the telco exchange for DSL to be viable.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sandytro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 am
Hi Dane
Thank you for your replies but it is hard for us to read blogs without highspeed.
I would appreciate it if someone with authority would contact me in person today by phone (number emailed and left with customer support monday) to discuss how to get us internet in the interim asap. This happened before and they changed us to a different wavelength temporarilty Why cant they do that again instead?
We also got sonic satelite last time this happened but we had to sign up for 2 years with sonic because pogo wave was not with sonci yet. So now that you are the same bring us a satelite dish and set us up without a contract this time. I am running a business and cannot do it wihtout high speed and cannot afford to use a data card plus it is also slow due to lack of signal.
The other 24 people you mention are also likely running businesses or working from home. This really is unbelievable. I thought once sonic took pogo over the support would be better. ie respond and get things working within 24 hours not days.
Thank you
+Sandytro
by sandytro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm
Hi Dane
I just found out that my neighbors have no problem, and some others have intermittent accessibility. I would like know why we have nothing and how to get us upgraded or switched to their frequency/radio type as soon as possible
Thank you
_Sandytro
by dane » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 pm
Honestly Sandy, I don't have all the details myself. I know that Adam and Kavan are working to find and resolve the issue.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sandytro » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:25 am
Dane
I have yet to get a call or email to discuss if we can switch to other HZ or can upgrade. Some sort of
Customer service would be appreciated

It is now day 5 without internet
Have they checked with ups and usps for possible locations of the disturbance?
by dane » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 am
sandytro wrote:Dane
I have yet to get a call or email to discuss if we can switch to other HZ or can upgrade. Some sort of
Customer service would be appreciated

It is now day 5 without internet
Have they checked with ups and usps for possible locations of the disturbance?
You should receive a letter by mail today with an update. It's rare that we communicate by mail, but the team here working on this wanted to make sure to reach everyone affected.

We continue to work to find and eliminate the source of interference. The engineer has taken many directional readings in order to triangulate the source. The terrain and accessibility has been a challenge; were it a suburban grid, one could simply drive the blocks and get closer to the source, but the sparse and meandering roads, plus hilly and forested terrain make it much more challenging.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wa2ibm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:12 pm
I'm not familiar with the RF band(s) that Pogowave uses but could the interference problem be related to something like this:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r269015 ... k-out-WISP
11 posts Page 1 of 2