For those wanting to return their RG - BEWARE RMA fee of $10

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
by guest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:33 am
For those wanting to return their RG - BEWARE RMA fee of $10:

RMA/Shipping Fee - RMA# 10.28 10.28

Just found that out the hard way; no one mentioned it; the agent I spoke on the phone; the Wiki; even the forums despite all that chatter about returning the RG it seems everyone is just talk and no one actually has done it -- otherwise we would have seen this RMA fee pop up already, no? LOL

Also once you part with your beloved RG; ** IF ** there's a problem with your service the fee for site visit for the first 1/2 hour is $75. That ** WAS ** disclosed by the agent on the phone.

I didn't want to antagonize the person as he was very nice but that's super ridiculous; so it seems we pay even if the ONT dies or the PON connector needs to be re-done or anything physical happens to the outside plant, etc; site visit == $$ if you don't have RG.

I think that is a policy Sonic learned from Microsoft :)
by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:42 am
I was also surprised to see the shipping charge to return the RG when I opened the billing email this morning!

Did they mention the fees would be after the first half hour?
by miken » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:52 am
guest wrote:For those wanting to return their RG - BEWARE RMA fee of $10:

RMA/Shipping Fee - RMA# 10.28 10.28

Just found that out the hard way; no one mentioned it; the agent I spoke on the phone; the Wiki; even the forums despite all that chatter about returning the RG it seems everyone is just talk and no one actually has done it -- otherwise we would have seen this RMA fee pop up already, no? LOL

Also once you part with your beloved RG; ** IF ** there's a problem with your service the fee for site visit for the first 1/2 hour is $75. That ** WAS ** disclosed by the agent on the phone.

I didn't want to antagonize the person as he was very nice but that's super ridiculous; so it seems we pay even if the ONT dies or the PON connector needs to be re-done or anything physical happens to the outside plant, etc; site visit == $$ if you don't have RG.

I think that is a policy Sonic learned from Microsoft :)
I'm sorry to hear that we charged you for a return label without explaining that over the phone. We strive to be transparent and make sure you have all the information you can get. If you are willing to send me a PM with your account address or username, I'd like to look into this.

As far as the charge for dispatches go, I think there may have been a slight error in communication. We will only charge you if we go out and need to do work on your home's internal wiring. If there is a problem with the ONT and that needs to be fixed or replaced, there is no charge.
Guest wrote:Did they mention the fees would be after the first half hour?
The first half hour is $75 and every half hour afterwards would be $25.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by guest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:54 am
Guest wrote:I was also surprised to see the shipping charge to return the RG when I opened the billing email this morning!

Did they mention the fees would be after the first half hour?
No and I didn't ask since if it came down to it and it is clear that it would take few hours to change the pole drop that approaches the ETF of $175 so I would cancel and go back to Comcast. I just feel the RG non-rental policy is retaliatory means to punish the end user and since technologically they would never be able to prove credible utility for having the RG anyway so basically the policy will be good until they piss of a lawyer that lives in the sunset whose Internet broke and he/she didn't rent the RG...
by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 pm
Most lawyers would rent because they get paid so much per hour, it would be a waste of their time and effort to deal with minutiae from their perspective.
by limitz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:24 am
I was actually charged twice for the RMA/Return RG shipping label.
$10.28 x 2
I had to email billing@sonic.net two times - the second time was 5 days after the first attempt when there was no reply by them.
He said it was an accident and would remove the accidental charge and so far the billing/invoice has not been updated.

FYI- I was also charged $199 for installation. I called them and they said it was an accident on someones part. They reversed the charge since my installation was basic.

Keep a sharp eye on your invoices/billing the first couple of weeks to make sure everything looks appropriate to you or not.
by miken » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:10 am
limitz wrote:He said it was an accident and would remove the accidental charge and so far the billing/invoice has not been updated.
The charge for the installation was refunded directly and should already have taken place. The accidental RMA was applied as a credit on your account and you'll see that take effect on your next invoice. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and if there's anything further we can help you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by limitz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:39 am
miken wrote:
limitz wrote:He said it was an accident and would remove the accidental charge and so far the billing/invoice has not been updated.
The charge for the installation was refunded directly and should already have taken place. The accidental RMA was applied as a credit on your account and you'll see that take effect on your next invoice. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and if there's anything further we can help you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Okay, now I see the adjustment in billing on my end. :o
by Maelig » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:06 pm
Any reason why I got charged $155 for my first month of Fiber?
by rtrinh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:20 pm
Did you upgrade from a previous Sonic fusion service? If so you probably got charged for the new month. Pretty sure you'll get that credit back for the next month. It did for me.
13 posts Page 1 of 2