Zyxel P-663HN-51 for one-line to get 802.11n

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 am
ZTE W300 Modem + Router for one-line Fusion supports 802.11b/a/g.
Zyxel P-663HN-51 for two-line Fusion supports 802.11b/g/n. They cost the same. Can a one-line Fusion customer order the Zyxel in order to get the 802.11n speed and range?
by dane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:30 pm
No, afraid not - the bonding unit is only available when you buy two-line service.

If you'd like better WiFi, consider just opting for a basic bridge/modem, and using a more feature-rich WiFi router. The down side is that you won't have as much available technical support for that unit, FYI.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by vsp » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Be careful if you buy a router from someone else. Whenever something goes wrong the sonic tech will immediately blame your router. It gives them the perfect fall-back when they can't figure out what's wrong. That's what has happened to me repeatedly. I want what Dane calls a "feature-rich" router, which really means it's capable of 10 year old technologies, which Sonic cannot provide.
by dane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm
Whether you get gear from us or elsewhere, if we are troubleshooting we will want to swap out ANY potential sources of trouble to try to isolate where the issue is.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:02 pm
vsp wrote:Be careful if you buy a router from someone else. Whenever something goes wrong the sonic tech will immediately blame your router.
When I had some trouble, the Sonic.net techs asked me to remove the router from the circuit to do some testing. Once we together proved the router was not the issue, I restored it to the circuit and we moved on.
by Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:57 pm
I did just this thing when I subscribed. Perhaps the rules changed or something but I have this router and the Fusion service.
by mly » Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 pm
vsp wrote:Be careful if you buy a router from someone else. Whenever something goes wrong the sonic tech will immediately blame your router. It gives them the perfect fall-back when they can't figure out what's wrong.
That's the biggest load of unsubstantiated anonymous slander I've ready today! And there's plenty of competition out there on teh internets.

My modem/routers have always been ~$20 Craigslist Specials. (I strongly believe in recycling e-trash ... and just how much machismo does one need from a 6kbps-in 802.11-out wee boxlet anyway?)

sonic.net's exemplary — exemplary! — tech support has never once even hinted that this might be a problem, has never suggested I had to buy something different, and has never been unable to figure out what's wrong. Including when it was my craoking $15 Craigslist Special modem that was indeed the problem.
7 posts Page 1 of 1